ADAMS CENTRAL ELEMENTARY PRINCIPAL UPDATE 8/11/21
Transportation Guidance & Reminders
Dear Parents and Guardians,
As we anticipate the start of the school year, understanding our transportation guidance and adhering to set schedules is going to be a key factor in making our year run smoothly. The following options are available to you and details for each are located below.
- Breakfast students
- Car Riders
- Bus Riders
LATCHKEY BEFORE & AFTER SCHOOL CHILDCARE
Latchkey services are available from 7:00-7:45 AM and 2:45-6:00 PM.
NOTE THIS CHANGE *Cars must be out of the south parking lot prior to the 7:40 bus arrival.
Students will be dropped off and picked up at the S-2 doors which are near the main south entrance.
Pricing is set at $3.00 per hour with a yearly $50 registration fee ($65/family).
Please contact Marybeth Irwin via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Latchkey forms and handbook information can be found on the AC website.
- Students who walk to AC should enter through the S-3 doors no earlier than 7:45 AM.
- Students are expected to walk on sidewalks and use the crossing guard area located near the bank when making their way across HWY 124.
- If you wish to walk with the student to school, please walk with your student to the east end of the front sidewalk and allow the student to walk the remainder of the way independently.
- Students will exit through the S-3 doors.
- If you wish to walk a child home, please meet the student at the east end the front sidewalk nearest the bank.
MORNING DROP OFF
PARENT DROP OFF
Enter from the Polk Street entrance and remain in the right lane until you reach the end of the tennis courts. There you will merge left and approach the school.
- Students may arrive no earlier than 7:40 AM.
- Drop off at the W-1 doors.
- Please have students prepared to unload and a staff member will help them exit the vehicle.
MIDDLE SCHOOL/HIGH SCHOOL SIBLINGS
If you have students in both elementary and middle school they will need to be dropped at the W-1 doors. Elementary students are to remain with their siblings until 7:45 when they may be dismissed to class.
Students who arrive with staff members must remain with their adult until 7:45 AM.
PARENT PICK UP
Enter from the Polk Street entrance and remain in the right lane until you reach the end of the tennis courts. There you will merge left and approach the school. We anticipate our car line being longer at the beginning of the year. In an attempt to keep our lines moving we request your help with the following schedule.
Picking up a Kindergartener only?- Arrive on the property between 2:40-2:45
K-4 students? - Arrive between 2:45-3:00
5th grade and/or MS sibling- Arrive on the property no earlier than 3:00
MIDDLE SCHOOL SIBLINGS
If you have students in both elementary and middle school you may pickup in the HS/MS drop-off area but students need to be picked up in the cafeteria by the older sibling. If the sibling is absent, you will need to use the elementary pickup line.
HIGH SCHOOL SIBLINGS
Elementary students riding home with high school siblings will need to wait in the cafeteria until the sibling comes to pick them up.
Students of MS/HS staff members will remain in the cafeteria until 3:05 when they will be dismissed to parents. Elementary students may go directly to the parent's room.
BOOK FEES ARE DUE FRIDAY, OCTOBER 2. Fees for elementary must be paid separately from Middle/High School fees. Unpaid fees will be moved to a payment plan at this time.
You may make payment in the elementary office in person or by mailing your payment to:
Adams Central Elementary
222 W. Washington St.
Monroe, IN 46772
Attn. Liz Davis
- Aug. 16 First Student Day
- Aug. 20 Elementary Picture Day
- Sept. 6 Labor Day, No school
- Sept. 13 PTO Meeting 6:30 Elementary Library (W-1 Doors)
- Oct. 1 Picture Retakes
- Oct. 6 Moments with Mom (7:15AM Cafeteria, W-1 Doors)
- Oct. 8 VIP Day 1:00
- Oct. 22-25 Fall Break
- Sept. 28 Terry Hall Body Safety Program