Mrs. Senn's Newsletter
Week of May 31, 2017
Important Grade Level Reminders
Dear Crew Members and Parents,
Thank you so much for all of your wonderful support this year. Please continue to encourage your child to practice the "x" facts and read, read, read as further preparation for the next school year! Please note the dates/times listed below for important dismissal information. Also, we will include summer learning activities in your child's report card envelope. Have a fabulous summer!!!!
Thank you again! The 3rd grade teachers
- 5/29 No school - Memorial Day
- 5/30 11:00 a.m. dismissal - no lunch served
- 5/31 11:00 a.m. dismissal - no lunch served; Last day of school - report cards issued.
- Important upcoming MES dates: (Dates subject to change)
- August 10th - Class assignment/registration day (8-12:00, 2 - 6:00 pm)
- August 17th - Welcome back/Meet your teacher night (6-7 pm)
- August 21st - no school due to the Eclipse
- August 22nd -1st day of school for students
- August 29th - 4th grade parent orientation 7:00 p.m.
Learning Progression Skills Assessed on Pre/Post Assessments:
I can envision and predict what will happen based on the text.
Writing: Literary Essay Unit
I can write text dependent essays.
Math: Unit 10: I can...
- estimate/measure liquid volumes in metric and customary units.
- collect,organize, classify,and interpret data.
- draw scaled pictographs and bar graphs.
- Every Tuesday- 5 min x test:all facts0-12
- Please let your child's teacher know if you can help serve ice cream on 5/23 at 1:00 p.m.
Science: : : I can:demonstrate an understanding of how electricity transfers energy and how magnetism can result from electricity. (Use the Electricity tab in the Discovery Ed Tech book.)
Social Studies: I can:identify S.C.'s branches of government, explain the conservation our state's natural resources and summarize S.C.'s transportation/ communication systems and festival traditions.