March 18, 2019
Walkers' Circle - IMPORTANT!
- When dropping off in the Circle your child should be ready to exit the car and walk up the hill. Please be mindful of not holding up traffic and blocking the circle. The majority of families expect that they should be able to drop off their child quickly. Especially with all the snow the Circle is more congested and this makes it difficult for cars to maneuver around those who are blocking the Circle.
- Again, the majority of families appreciate that the Circle provides them a safe and efficient way to drop their child off in the morning. If you want to watch your child walk up the hill or you want to walk your child up the hill, then please first park your car on the road. Then walk your child to the path to watch them or walk with them up the hill. This way the flow of the Circle can continue and you can still have the opportunity to watch your child walk up the hill.
- Please remember that the Circle is one-way street. You should not be be entering by the path but rather the other side.
- Children should only be entering vehicles when in the Circle. They should not be walking up the road past the Circle to get in the car. Please be patient and wait until you can get into the Circle to pick-up your child.
- When picking up in the circle please encourage your child to move as safely and quickly as possible. The goal is to honor the time of all and create to most efficient pick-up as possible at the end of the day.
- Pull up into the Circle as much as possible. This will allow for additional cars to pull-in behind you.
- Please do not park right in front of the path where the children come down the hill. This can result in the whole Circle being held up until your child gets to the car. Other cars cannot pass safely and this blocks up the whole Circle.
Please don't be offended if we provide you a friendly reminder about the expectations of the Circle. Your cooperation is much appreciated and goes a very long way and we need to work together to ensure that the procedures are being followed. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Chicken BBQ Raffle
Maybe your family has something they would love to donate such as a gift card, season tickets to a sporting event or theatrical event. Put together your own family basket highlighting something your family loves to do, or a couple hours of a service you could offer.
No donation is too small or too BIG!! All donations are welcomed, wanted and greatly appreciated. We display as many donations as possible in our front window. Contact PTO Raffle Chair, Kim Edwards at 414-841-8366 if you have a donation to offer.
Message from the Health Room
Lost and Found
Please take a look at the below items and let us know if you recognize any of them. As many of you are aware, we tend to accumulate A LOT of lost items throughout the year. Each week we will send a picture of lost items for you to claim. If they are not claimed then we will ensure that they go to a donation center in our area. What is most helpful is if you label your child's clothing and school items. We can then easily identify the item and make sure that the lost item is found and hopefully also save you a trip to have to buy another one. Please label items such as jackets, sweatshirts, water bottles, and lunchboxes. As winter approaches please make sure that you label boots, snow pants, hats, and mittens. Black snow pants seem to be a favorite here at Rose Glen and so labeling them will ensure that everyone has their own black snow pants and that if a pair gets lost then we can ensure it gets to the right child. Thank you for your help with this and looking forward to year with minimal lost items :) Please email Cathe Sweet at email@example.com if you recognize any of the items.
You are welcome to come to school and look through the Lost and Found for your child's belongings, so you don't have to rely exclusively on our pictures.
Please contact us asap because all items will be donated on Friday, March 22nd, 2019.
Optimst Swim Club Meet
Remember, if you would like to join the Rose Glen Swim Team, practices begin March 20th at 4 pm at West High School. The swim team is FREE and is open to all boys and girls in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades who can swim 25 yards without stopping.
It is not mandatory, but most kids like to get Swim Team Spirit Wear. You can still order Spirit Wear! The shop closes Monday, March 11th.
Order your swim team Spirit Wear on this site: https://skyhigh.orderpromos.com/RoseGlen
Parents are required to drive their children to the practices and pick them up on time. (Carpooling is a great idea!)
Each child is required to attend three of the five practices in order to participate in the swimming meet on Saturday, April 6th.
The 5 Practices are as follows. Please be ready to enter the pool by 4pm!
Wednesday, March 20th @ 4:00 - 5:00
Friday, March 22nd @ 4:00 - 5:00
Tuesday, April 2nd @ 4:15 - 5:15
Thursday, April 4th @ 4:15 - 5:15
Friday, April 5th @ 4:15 - 5:15
If you have any other questions please feel free to talk to your coaches, Mrs. Watke (970-2454) and Mrs. Marcks (970-2463).
We hope to see many of you there on Wednesday, March 20th!
Open to grades 3 - 5
“WE BELONG HERE”
A choral Festival Experience
Guest Conductor: Dr. Allyss Hacker
Saturday, April 6, 2019
Waukesha West High School
Check in: 12:00pm
Concert Performance: 5:30pm
Includes t-shirt and snack
Register at: rebrand.ly/waukesha-sings
Please see website for more important info
*Optimist Swim Meet participants CAN come late
*Parents can drop off child and pick up after enjoying the concert
*Mrs. Kostreva will rehearse with Rose Glen student singers the weeks prior to the festival.
Hope to see your child there. Please contact me with any questions.
Monday, March 25th - Friday, March 29th - No School - Spring Break
Monday, April 1st - School resumes after Spring Break Holiday
Saturday, April 6th - Optimist Swim Meet - Open to all 3rd, 4th and 5th graders
Thursday, April 18th - Early Release - Elementary students released at 1:40 p.m.
Friday, April 19th - No School - Good Friday
Sunday, April 21st - Happy Easter!
Tuesday, April 23rd - Culver's Dining Night (Sunset Location) 5 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Sunday, April 28th - Chicken BBQ 11:00-5:00 p.m.
Thursday, May 9th - Orange Leaf Dining Night (Sunset Location) 4 p.m.- 9 p.m.
Friday, May 10th - Grandparents' Day - 9:00 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
Thursday, May 30th - PTO meeting - 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. - Media Center
Monday, May 27th - No School - Memorial Day
Thursday, June 6th - Grade 5 Musical Dress Rehearsal at 2:30 p.m.
(Grandparents are welcome to attend this performance due to limited seating at evening performance.)
Thursday, June 6th - Grade 5 Dinner/Musical 6:00 p.m.
Monday, June 10th - Final Day of School - Summer Vacation Begins!!
Rose Glen Elementary
Empowering ALL learners to excel in our global society.
We believe our students have the potential to become passionate global learners and influential leaders who will positively impact the world.