The Viking View Families
To translate this newsletter please click on the image that looks like the one below or the small circle of the person on a phone.
From the desk of Principal Williams
Thank you to all the families that had conversations with students about being safe, respectful, and kind at school. It is greatly appreciated.
We could use some support from you at home with students bringing large bags of chips to school. There are a few things that are not safe with this one is that this might be all that student eats all day long during every recess and lunch. Some students who bring these large bags are sharing them with others which is not safe with COVID. If a student brings a large bag of chips they will be asked to put it in their backpack. If they continue to bring the large bag of chips they will be confiscated by yard duties or myself and I will call home.
If your student is having difficulties or comes to you with a problem that occurred at school please communicate with their classroom teacher as soon as possible.
Lastly, we have had an uptick with students being tardy to school. School begins at 8:00 am. Please ensure that your student arrives at school on time so that they are a part of their morning routine here. It helps start their day off right. If your student is absent please call the office right away in the morning at 707-890-3945.
With much gratitude,
Students may wear costumes, but must follow the following guidelines;
- No scary masks
- No weapons
- No blood
- If they have an appropriate mask it may be worn at school during the parade only
COVID UPDATE FROM SRCS
- Contact your healthcare provider, or
- Visit a free Sonoma County Testing Location
- COVID-19 Testing Locations in English | in Spanish
- Please do NOT visit Santa Rosa City Schools testing sites if you have symptoms
- Click here for Sonoma County COVID-19 Testing & Tracing Information: in English | in Spanish
COVID testing for students without symptoms (asymptomatic) Or students in Modified Quarentine
- Without symptoms, many people with COVID-19 infections aren’t even aware they are carriers of the virus. As a result, they may not be taking the necessary precautions to isolate themselves and protect others.
- Click the following link to learn more about asymptomatic testing for students at Lewis Early Learning Academy on Mondays through Thursday 2:30-5:to Pre-Register for testing use this link to sign -up.
- Free vaccines are available to anyone age 12 and older.
- Click here for Sonoma County Vaccine Clinic Information: in English | in Spanish
Lost but not found...
Support projects created by our educators
Our next meeting will be on October 28th at 6pm via Zoom.
Important COVID reminders
Masks must be worn on campus. Please send your student in a mask, and if you are walking on school property you must wear a mask as well regardless if you are vaccinated. We will have extra masks if they forget or if theirs gets broken throughout the day. This is to keep all of our students and staff safe. Please send your student with a water bottle to limit touching high touch surfaces.
Please do not send your student to school if they are exhibiting any of the following symptoms;
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
ParentSquare is super important for our school community. It is how we primarily communicate.
We encourage parents to access their accounts so they can download the mobile app and update their preferences on when and how they are notified. If you need support signing up for ParentSquare please call our office at 707-890-3945 to set up an appointment.
Log into ParentSquare today. If you are new to ParentSquare, click here for instructions (English/español). If you need more information visit this webpage from Santa Rosa City Schools.