Components of Fitness
- Begin with nothing more than a line on the floor until you are comfortable with side-to-side jumping.
- Get into a squat position and quickly push upward and sideways to land gentle on the other side of the line.
- Repeat this back and forth jumping.
- Keep your shoulders and hips square and facing forward.
- Practice clearing the line with your feet higher and higher, land softly and spring back quickly.
- Vary the speed and height of the jumps.
- Once you are comfortable, increase the size and height of the obstacle you are jumping over.
- Add a few inches at a time as you improve.
- You can vary your landing so that you land and rebound on both feet at once, or land on one foot first and rebound with a short double-step.
- Perform 30-60 second intervals, rest and repeat.