LHISD Board Briefs
Building Champions in Academics, Character, and Community
A message from the Superintendent
The staff of Liberty Hill ISD has been busy closing out the business of the last school year and preparing for the upcoming school year. Through all the challenges of 2020-21 Liberty Hill teachers did an amazing job taking care of students. Looking back on the last 18 months, and reflecting on the lessons learned and I am proud of the flexibility, resilience and success the staff, students, and community of Liberty Hill ISD achieved.
Currently, we plan to have school in-person and will keep many of the same protocols that were in place at the end of the year, as they relate to cleaning and safety. Staying in line with the Governor's executive order GA-36, LHISD will not require the wearing of masks, however, anyone who chooses to wear a mask is welcome to do so.
In our community, the last couple of weeks have seen a spike in COVID numbers and the county has returned to phase "Red". We will continue monitoring this situation and working with the Texas Education Association and the Williamson County Health officials. Next week we plan to meet and review all COVID and safety protocols as we are expecting guidance from the county soon.
As we get closer to school starting, we will communicate our plans in detail and update our return to learn webpage.
I am very excited to begin a new school year and cannot wait to get our teachers and students back into our buildings.
-Steven Snell, Superintendent.
JULY BOARD MEETING 7.19.21
- Executive Director of Student Services, Kimberly de la Houssaye led a Public Hearing on the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), and Carl D. Perkins Vocational and Technical Education Act (Perkins V) - Federal Grand Funds. Joining her in presenting were Candy Tijerina, Director of State & Federal Services and Travis Motel, Director of Secondary Education
Communication and Information Items
- Superintendent Snell gave updates on enrollment projections and construction. LHISD has over 1,100 new students registered at this time. The middle school construction is finishing up and should be ready for the first day of school.
Consent Agenda. The board approved the following as part of the consent agenda
- Monthly Financial Report - this report includes updates on tax collection, investments, expenditures, amendments, enrollment, bond status
- Off-campus or commercial PE substitutions for the 2021-2022 school year
- Child Nutrition Services Paid Meals 2021-2022. The prices will stay the same.
- TASB Risk Management Fund Insurance coverage, limits, deductibles, and contribution amounts for 2021-2022
- The Board approved the Schematic Design for Liberty Hill Elementary and Louine Noble Elementary as part of the 2021 Bond Program.
- The Board approved the Central Administration Renovation contract as part of the 2021 Bond Program.
- The Board approved the Construction Manager At-Risk as the delivery method for Elementary #6, Middle School #3, and Liberty Hill Middle School renovation projects in the 2021 Bond Program.
- The Board approved the selection of Architect firms for Elementary #6 (Pfluger Architects), Middle School #3 (PBK Architects), and Liberty Hill Middle School renovation projects(VLK Architects) for the 2021 Bond Program.
- The Board authorized the superintendent to enter into a developer agreement between Ed Horne and LHISD regarding the installation of a temporary traffic signal at Ronald Reagan and Santa Rita South Boulevard.
- The Board approved the Williamson County Interlocal Agreement regarding the design and installation of a temporary traffic signal at Ronald Reagan and Santa Rita South Boulevard.
The next Board Meeting is Monday, August 16, 2021.
DISTRICT SUMMER HOURS
Registration for next year is open! Here is the website for reference.
Make sure you double-check the calendar associated with the registration to ensure your child is signed up for those days. Directions are on the website for "Pick-a-Day." If you have any questions, please contact Kenna Park. firstname.lastname@example.org or at extension 5582.