March Tiger Times SV.16
Week of Monday, March 6th - Friday, March 10th, 2023
Reminders for the Week of March 6, 2023
- Principal's Student Address Monday, 3/6/23, via Zoom during Homeroom.
- Superintendent Professional Development Day, Tuesday, 3/7/23, half day for students
- Most 7th graders have received their student ID's. Please make sure they are wearing them at all times. We will resume taking photos once we receive more ribbon for the photo machine.
- Only an administrator can assign a student to In School Suspension (ISS). Student work must be submitted to Mr. Saunders no later than the start of the school day.
- Attendance is required to be taken a the start of each period, within the first 15 minutes If a student is not in class they must be marked absent so that their parent/guardian are promptly notified.
- Grade 8 - students who arrive to school by 7:45am, must be marked present. Anytime after that time the student is to be marked late.
- Grade 7 - students who arrive to school by 8:35am, must be marked present. Anytime after that time the student is to be marked late.
- Teachers are required to ensure all classroom doors, (especially those that are not occupied) and exterior doors (doors leading to the outside) are closed and locked at all times. Leaving unoccupied classroom doors unlocked and exterior doors open poses a safety hazard to students and staff.
- Teachers are required to stand outside of classrooms during the changing of classes and dismissals to ensure a smooth transition from class to class and dismissal .
- If you are substitute teacher for the day, in the absences of lesson plans left by the classroom teacher, all students are to log on to iReady and complete a minimum of two reading and one math assignment.
- Printed lesson plans are to be available near the door (in hanging file holders) or open in a tab on your Promethean boards.
- Unannounced observations conducted by Hempstead High School, District Administration, and Independent Evaluators have begun. Physical copies of lesson plans are to be available to the observer upon entry into the classroom.
Have a Wonderful ABGS Week!
ENERGY EFFICIENT UPGRADES
- The large containers and garbage bins that are taking up parking spaces near the Greenwich Street entrance are there as part of the HUFSD 2022-2023 Energy Efficient Upgrade Project. The bins will remain until the work in the suites, e.g., electrical, heating, plumbing etc., is complete. The work will be performed after school hours. It is anticipated that this part of the project will be finished sometime in February 2023. Please be patient!
- The Energy Efficient Project at ABGS has resulted in better lighting, more efficient heating and ventilation, upgraded stripping of entry doors, and a host of other energy efficient upgrades!
Loaner Laptops need to be returned at the end of every school day!! The students are able to drop off prior to their last period.
8th Grade loaner laptops are being used by teachers due to the fact that 2 students have not brought back those loaners since September. These are a first come, first serve premise if you only need 1 - 4 during the day.
7th Grade loaner laptops are distributed in the morning, prior to Period 2. If a student is late and needs a laptop, please send them with a pass. These laptops are first come, first serve.
Laptop Carts & Laptop Keys
- Laptop Cart Keys NEED to be brought back to the media center EVERY DAY!
- Laptop Carts NEED to be returned to the media center and plugged in EVERY DAY!
- Double check the book to make sure you are taking the laptop cart you signed out for that day.
- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE for the laptops inside the cart. Make sure to develop a system with your students to guarantee that ALL laptops are returned.
Lets work with one another to make sure our students have the technical tools necessary to succeed.