Leonardo de' Medici
THE MOST MAGNIFICENT MAN ALIVE
• Son of Piero de' Medici and Lucrezia Tornabuoni
• Had four other siblings
• He came from a very wealthy family. (His grandfather was one of the wealthiest men in Europe at the time.)
• Lorenzo was considered the smartest of his parents' five children.
• Married Clarice Orsini and had 10 children with her. Lucrezia Maria Romola de' Medici, Piero di Lorenzo de' Medici, Maria Maddalena Romola de' Medici, Contessina Beatrice de' Medici, Giovanni di Lorenzo de' Medici, Luisa de' Medici, COntessina Antonia Romola de' Medici, and Giuliano di Lorenzo de' Medici.
• He passed away on April 09, 1482.
Why was he famous?
• Patron of the arts (Supported Andrea del Verrocchio, Leonardo da Vinci, Sandro Botticelli, Deomenico Ghirlandaio, and Michelangelo Buonarroti)
• Kept (relative) peace between competing Italian city-states.
• Ruled during the 'golden age'
• Wrote many poems (Click here for some poem awesomeness)
• Appears as a supporting character in Assassin's Creed II. (Became an ally of Ezio Auditore and the other Assassins after Ezio saved his life during the Pazzi conspiracy)
• Patron of scholars, artists and poets.
Random Interesting Facts
• Had beautiful hair
• Was called 'the Magnificent' because of his knowledge and his family power
• Is in Assassin's Creed II