More Mosaic Everywhere for Everyone
A multi - layer project
Youth exchange in Kobuleti, Georgia, June 15 (arrival) - 24 (departure), 2017
More Mosaic is a non-governmental organization based in Stockholm, Sweden. Its aims are to promote academic, cultural and political exchange, to participate in the discussion about European citizenship and to serve as a platform for meaningful collaboration between Sweden, EU and other actors beyond former geopolitical borders.
Updating without losing its origins, More Mosaic’s mission is the exchange of best practices with other countries’ civil society’s representatives, the spread of democratic principles and the involvement of youth workers in activities enhancing the European Union’s values.
About the project
The idea of the project originated during two very successful youth exchanges that were conducted by More Mosaic in cooperation with Ukrainian and Moroccan partners in 2016 under the frame name 'More Mosaic'.
Caring such experience with the variety of cultures, histories, religions, colors, symbols and vivid human communication brought new inspiration and laid a ground for an expanded continuation: a multi-layer project 'More Mosaic Everywhere for Everyone'.
The project includes three activities:
1. Georgia - June
2. Morocco - August
3. Ukraine - September
The first exchange in Georgia will introduce participants to active life style concept: this exchange will be intertwined with introduction to camping, outdoor and sport activities.
During their stay in Georgia, participants will have daily physical activities combined with studying sessions. Participants would meet new challenges: both outdoor physical activation (everyday jogging and/or yoga and gymnastics, also – rock-climbing, living in tents) and intellectually stimulating learning sessions (brainstorming tasks, solving creative assignments). As as result the participants would realize, that even small steps and achievements may lead to increase of self-esteem self-development and eventually – personal progress. On the final stage the participants would be encouraged to develop a plan of personal goals, ways to achieve them and receive feedback from their peers.
NGO More Mosaic works with young people and advocates non-alcohol policy. We encourage you to have a moderate consumption during the project days.
The project's general aims
- to promote participation in democratic life in Europe and partner countries, in the labour market, active citizenship, intercultural dialogue, social inclusion and solidarity;
- to promote European citizenship’s values;
- to foster quality improvements in youth work, in particular through enhanced cooperation between organisations in the youth field;
- to promote mobility and capacity building.
Additionally, this activity has its specific aims:
- to promote healthy behaviours and active lifestyles, in particular through the promotion of the practice of outdoor activities and grassroots sports;
- to promote young people's social inclusion and well-being;
- to increase self-empowerment and self-esteem;
- to share experience and encourages new youth initiatives.
Arrival: June 15 - Departure: June 24
Kobuleti is a town in Adjara, western Georgia, situated on the eastern coast of the Black Sea. It is situated 350km from Tbilisi, capital of the country where most of the participants would arrive. There are good connections by bus and railway to Kobuleti from Tbilisi.
How to get there
Most common arrival point is Batumi International airport.
- In front of central entrance of the airport you can catch public transport (yellow bus) to Batumi that departs every 20 minutes and costs 0.50 Lari (€ 0.25) per person. This bus will take you to the Central Bus Station of Batumi / (travel time: 20 min).
- At the central Bus Station of Batumi you can catch a mini bus to Kobuleti that departs every 1 hour and costs 2 Lari (€ 1) per person. This mini bus will take you to the Central Bus Station of Kobuleti) (travel time: 30 minutes).
Second option for arrival is Kutaisi International Airport.
- From Kutaisi International Airport you can take minibuses to Kobuleti (it needs around 2 H). You can buy a minibus ticket at the booking office or from the Driver. Price: 15 Lari.
You can buy ticket online on the web site: http://www.georgianbus.com/
Also, you can use Tbilisi International Airport.
- From the airport you can take bus or train to the city center. For more info: http://www.tbilisiairport.com/en-EN/Transportation/Pages/Bus.aspx
From the city center you can use bus or train to travel to Kobuleti.
Bus (it needs around 6H.): http://www.geometro.ge/Online/en-us/onlineTicket.html
Kobuleti railway and bus stations are situated near to each other.
The project will be held at hotel “Friendship” (Megobroba STR. 16, Kobuleti, Georgia).
Room features: Air conditioner/ Heating system/ Garden view/ Sea view/ Access to the Internet, Wi-fi/ TV.
The hotel is located within 2 minutes walking distance from the sea coast.
Number of participants
Youth exchange in Kobuleti, Georgia. Planned dates: June 15-24, 8 working days.
Age of participants: Four youth between 18-30 y.o. + 1 group leader above 30 y.o.
More Mosaic (Sweden) – 5 persons (360 EUR per person)
Train of Future (Morocco) – 5 persons (820 EUR per person)
EESTI PEOPLE TO PEOPLE (Estonia) – 5 persons (360 EUR per person)
Stowarzyszenie Przyjaciol Domu Dziecka w Sieborowicach (Poland) – 5 persons (275 EUR per person)
UNITED SOCIETIES OF BALKANS ASTIKI ETAIREIA (Greece) – 5 persons (275 EUR per person)
Union Forum (Ukraine) – 5 persons (275 EUR per person)
Research-Intellectual Club "Dialogue of Generations" (Georgia) – 5 persons (20 EUR per person)
The organizers will reimburse 100% of participants' travel costs from your home city to Kobuleti, Georgia within the limit defined by Erasmus+ program. Please see the table above to check for the exact amount.
Reimbursement of the travel costs will only be done after submitting all original tickets, receipt/invoices, boarding passes and later sending of the return documents and boarding passes. Save the boarding passes from your airport check in as well. Please, be aware that in case you loose any invoices or tickets we will not be able to reimburse the cost. Reimbursement will be done in EURO, regardless of the currency indicated on your ticket and receipt/invoice according to the official currency exchange rate of European Commission http://ec.europa.eu/budget/contracts_grants/info_contracts/inforeuro/inforeuro_en.cfm
Important: the reimbursement of travel costs for participants will be done via transfer to one bank account, providing we receive all original travel documents within two months after the training.
You are welcome to consult with us before purchasing the tickets via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and two coffee breaks will be provided and covered by the organizers. However expenses made on your free time have to be paid by the participants.
What to bring
- all original tickets for the trip;
- passport for travelling;
- food & national flag for the intercultural evening (traditional clothes,
tourist brochures or any similar stuff are welcome) ;
- sport clothes and good shoes;
- protection from mosquitoes and insects (cream, spray).