GCS Media Matters
Upcoming Task and Dates to Remember for this Week.
Congratulations to the GCS Reads 20 Schools of the Month
Dates to Remember
- Dec. 7-13 International Coding Week
- Dec. 8 – YA Lit. Panera on Wendover, near Costco contact Karen Meier for more information
- Dec. 9 - iPad Management with Configurator and Using VPP with Apple representative Lance Ogletree 3:30-5pm Franklin Blv. Boardroom CLICK HERE to Register
- Dec. 10 November GCS Reads 20 Minutes Due
Dec. 10 Mentor Mentee Meeting 4:00- 6:00 Wash. St. Rm 300
Dec. 11 BOB Facilities Fees of $100 Due
Dec. 18 HS BOB questions DUE to Jackie
Dec. 18 DUE DATE: CIPA Due for Elementary and Middle Schools
Dec. 19- Jan. 5 Holiday Reading Challenge
eBook Training DUE DATE Dec. 20 : The due date to have all staff and students trained using eBooks.
Dec. 21-31Winter Break
Holiday Reading Challenge
- To be eligible for incentives all reading logs should be turned into Media Specialists by January 15, 2016.
- Media Specialists should then turn in the names of eligible students to Tammy Gruer by January 22, 2016.
- Winners will be announced the week of January 25, 2016.
UPCOMING BOB DEADLINES
The facility payment for elementary, middle, and high schools Battle of the Books will be $100.
It is due ON or BEFORE December 11th, 2015.
Please make check payable to Guilford County Board of Education. School checks and PTA checks are acceptable.
Send all payments to Robin Gonsiewski, Accounting, Eugene Street.
Send budget transfers to Amy Fleming, Accounting, Eugene Street.
THIS FEE IS NONREFUNDABLE. A commitment to play is a commitment to pay. If you have any questions, please call Jackie at 370-2357
HS BOB Questions
Before you know it December 18th will be here! Thanks for your commitment to read and write questions for the High School BOB Competition. You may submit your completed questions anytime before December 18th. We still have a need for volunteers to read four books. Please refer to your email for the list of books assigned. Again, thanks for all you are doing to support our high school competition.
Do you need help with iPad Management with Configurator and Using VPP
Lance Ogletree, an Apple representative, will be conducting training on Dec. 9th for anyone that would like to attend. Please click the link below to register. We will send out a separate Invitation closer to the event.
- What: iPad Management with Configurator and Using VPP with Apple representative Lance Ogletree
- When: Dec. 9th
- Time: 3:30-5pm
- Location: Franklin Blvd. Board Room
- Topics Covered: Apple Configurator 2 and Volume Purchasing (VPP)
- CLICK HERE to Register
Registration for our 2016 NCTIES Conference is now open!
- Registration for our 2016 NCTIES Conference is now open! https://conference.ncties.org/2016/registration/
- NCTies is seeking proposals from educators and students at all levels, from all parts of the world. They also welcome proposals that demonstrate uses of technology to transform education. You are doing WONDERFUL things here in GCS. Share your knowledge with the world and help others in their ed tech journeys.
- Concurrent Sessions Call For Proposal Link: http://conference.ncties.org/FORMS/CFP/cfp_login.php?formid=13941031
Save the Date
11th Annual Librarian to Librarian Networking Summit @ECU
- Date: March 19, 2016
- Location: Joyner Library East Carolina University
Do you want to suggest a title for NEXT Year's HS BOB List?
- · Read 4 books using the “BINGO” chart attached.
- · Create some sort of online “presentation” of each book using Web 2.0 tools. (The idea is to learn the programs as well as share them.)
- · Attend the sharing sessions
- · Submit your links via Canvas
- December 8 – Panera on Wendover, near Costco
- January 25 – Scuppernong, Greensboro
- February 23 – Amoroso’s, High Point
Karen has added most of you who attended the last meeting to the Canvas class. When you login into your NCED Cloud account you can click on Canvas. Take some time to explore Canvas and we will discuss it at our next meeting.
If you were not at our first meeting, please let me know if you want to participate and I will add you to the Canvas class.
Library Media Services
Have a wonderful week!
Remember: If you would like text reminders about media services events text @mediaspe to (469)209-4439
Employee of the Month
CLICK HERE to nominate someone for Employee of the Month.