Miss Sears' Class News
October 28th - November 1st
Homestead CCA Food Drive
If you can, please place food items in the grade level basket near the front office.
- sugar (2 lb)
- boxed stuffing mix
- canned fruit
- canned pie filling
- canned evaporated milk (16 oz)
- instant potatoes, boxed
- canned yams (16 oz)
- chicken broth
- canned cranberry sauce
SWIMMING LAST WEEK
Our class had a blast swimming last week at the LISD Aquatic Center. Coach Sue taught us all about how to be safe when swimming and how to do an awesome cannonball!
- Math- Topic 5 - Using Estimation to Multiply - Students will be multiplying by multiples of 10 and 100.
**Students need to be studying their multiplication facts at home**
- Writing-Writing with the 5 senses - Students will go through the steps of the writing process to create a paragraph describing food for a major grade.
- Reading- Finishing Teacher Conferences/Summary
- Science- Mixtures and Solutions - Assessment on Friday for a major grade.
- Social Studies-Students will research facts about a Texas Native American tribe with their tribe group.
- Wednesday: 5's Multiplication Quiz
- Friday: Spelling Test & Mixtures and Solutions Science Assessment (major grade)
Congratulations parents and students! Our class one 1st place for collecting the most labels this time! We will be having a cookie party to celebrate this Thursday afternoon!
Classroom Items Needed:
- Post-It Notes
- Expo Markers
- small zip-loc plastic bags