Using mobile devices in a classroom
Oh the places you'll go!
Ways for students to use mobile devices in their daily lives to improve their edcuation
- Google Calendar -keep track of homework, set up reminders of due dates and upcoming tests, quizzes, or projects
- Remind.com -students can set up to receive either text messages or e-mails that the teacher sends out about school/assignments
- Collaboration between students within the classroom as well as from other locations through e-mail, Skype, and Google
- Students can take pictures of real life things to add to class discussions and learning
- Students can also use cameras to take pictures of notes
- Students/teachers can make on-line study tools like flashcards (Quizlet.com) or a practice test
- There can be links to different sites such as Youtube to reinstruct a student on a topic they are having difficulties grasping.