Laurel Family Newsletter
Laurel Letter (LL): 3rd Week of School, August 31st
Third Week of Virtual School
We had another positive week last week. Our school enrollment increased, our virtual daily school attendance for the week was over 90%, and we also received additional iPads and Chromebooks from the district so that every student that needed a device received one. On behalf of the school staff, we thank you for contributing to a successful start of the new school year, virtually!
The Newsletter will also be posted on our school website at https://laurel-ousd-ca.schoolloop.com/
Important i-Ready Diagnostic testing begins this week
Beginning this week, all laurel students will be taking an important diagnostic test at home. Students will take a diagnostic test in math and reading which they will complete on their iPad or Chromebook. Both diagnostic tests will need to completed by September 18th. You will receive more information about the i-Ready diagnostic test during the week from your child's teacher.
- This i-Ready diagnostic test is a different type of assessment.
- It is very important that you do not help your child with understanding or answering questions.
- Your child will benefit from your support and encouragement to ensure the information received accurately reflects what they know and still need to learn.
- You’ll be tempted to help on the test. We get it—the i-Ready test is hard. But this test is not for a grade. It helps teachers give your child the best instruction possible.
Laurel School Meal distribution begins September 1st
Beginning Tuesday, September 1st, School Meal Packs will be offered curb side in a drive through style at Laurel.
- Parents or guardians may pick up meals without students present. Physical or electronic forms of Student IDs must be presented at time of pick up for each meal being picked up.
- Please fill out a Meal Application today online at ns.oside.us. If you do not qualify for free meals, please load money onto your student’s PayPams account at Paypams.com.
School meals will be offered every Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:00-1:30 p.m. in front of the school.
Student Supply and Material distribution: Makeup on Tuesday , Sept.1st, 8:30 to 10am
We will have a makeup supply and distribution on Tuesday, September 1st from 8:30 to 10am. Please mark this on your calendar. If you cannot make it on this day, you will need to schedule an appointment with the front office-thank you.
School Staff & District Help
OUSD Technology Service Desk
Available to students & parents/guardians for assistance with OUSD devices, OUSD account issues, connectivity, and general technical support for teaching & learning
Hours: 7:30 am to 4:30 pm
ITS Site: oside.us/its
Tech Support Site: oside.us/techsupport