Top TEN News @ Weston
May 31, 2019 . . . SUMMER EDITION!
2. If you are a family in need of summer clothing and/or shoes for your child(ren), please contact Mrs. Miller @ Weston Elementary. She will connect you with resources that can provide assistance.
3. Report Cards will be available on June 4th @ Noon on PowerSchool.
4. We recognized the May Character Winners this week!
Being neat with myself and my things
Mrs. Becker: Jase Cook, Jefferie Lebron, Alexis Clark
Miss Deno: Leah McConnell, Ella Meece
Mrs. Linder: Kourtney Golden, Gavin Grubbs, Joshua Richardson, Zariah Sandaire
Mrs. Rogers: Donaven Hutchinson, Caleb Swift, Cora Hatcher
Mrs. Griesmeyer: Gabe Cox, Carter Bolden, Caylee Vanbuskirk
Mrs. Lee: Jordynn Deckard, Mikaela Monesmith, Aubree Turner, Regan Dishman
Mrs. Smith: Aubrey Coates, Nolen Lee, Emmit Stoughton, Bethany Wing
Mrs. Wing: Connor Dwyer, Bianca Zeinner, Gabe Jones
Mrs. Bridenthal: Serenity Collins, Landon Leistner, Payton Hubbard, Nora Bockstahler
Mrs. Musson: Leighanna Gibbs, Preston Pyle, Jessica Singco
Mrs. Powell: Brynlee Griffin, Draven Nolting, Rylee Conaway, Lily Capen
Mrs. Wolski: Abigail Parker, Taylor Turner, Christian Rosalino, Madison Robbins
Mrs. Caird: Philip DaRosa, Levi Bond
Mrs. Gross: Izaiah Beck, Leo Allison, Brooke Hewson, Shae Sheridan
Mrs. Oden: Logan Presley, Noah Thompson, Liam Yohey, Caylee Roberts
Mr. Zachery: Parker Neal, Avery Taylor, Hayley Gibbs, Nevaeh Branscum
5. Weston Extra News for the Summer can be found below in the download section. Check out what’s going on throughout ALL of Weston Elementary :)
6. Registration for the 2019-2020 school year:
ONLINE: Opens on July 15th. This can be completed through your Parent Portal in PowerSchool. A reminder email will be sent to you before that date.
ONSITE: July 19th from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (If you register online you do not need to come in for this.)
7. NWEA Scores will be available soon through your Parent Portal in PowerSchool.
We need to CELEBRATE the GROWTH of our students on these tests!
(BRINGING UP GROWTH GOALS)
At the end of the NWEA MAP assessments at Middle and End of the Year. we celebrate Growth! Students have multiple opportunities to become a member of our BUGG Club.
If a student has Met Projected Growth they will become a member! So essentially they have three opportunities in Grade 2-3 . . . . Math, Language Usage, and Reading. Two opportunities in Kindergarten and Grade 1 . . . . Math and Reading.
We had 290 students join the club this month! This was an increase of 29 students from Middle of the Year. We had 550 total tests that students Met Growth Goals on in Math, Language Usage, and Reading!
HIGH FLYERS CLUB - Student list is below in the picture section :)
We need to recognize those students that maintain a HIGH level of SUCCESS on NWEA! Students who have made the HFC are students who performed at the 90% or above on any of the assessments (Reading, Math, or Language). Students can earn this at Beginning, Middle, and End of the Year NWEA assessments. We had an increase of 19 students from the Middle of the Year tests!
8. Volunteers (including Field Trip chaperones) will need to complete a NEW background check for the 2019-2020 school year. Go ahead and complete it now at https://www.applitrack.com/gcsc/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Volunteers
9. Lost & Found items can be picked up next week. See the picture below.
10. Weston celebrated the State Winner for the Doodle for Google competition. Sean Fannin's artwork will now compete against the other 52 state and territory winners. See his GOOGLE picture below.
We need your help for Sean to win . . . voting will be open from June 3rd-June 7th on this site: http://www.google.com/doodle4google/vote.html.
See the attached press release for more details.
THANK YOU for a GREAT year @ Weston!
Enjoy your summer and we look forward to seeing you in August :)
June 3 - July 26
Location and Menu
June 3 - July 26
Location and Menu
2019-2020 School Calendar
The 2020-2021 School Calendar can be found at https://www.gcsc.k12.in.us/