East Elementary: Excellence At Work
Staff Newsletter for 2015-2016
Thank you all for an amazing first week!
Here are a few dates to keep in mind for the month of September:
- September 1: Techie Tuesdays begin
- September 2: Wacky Wednesday Planning begins
- September 4: Campus T-Shirt orders forms & money, Supply Fee, PDAS Letters due to Melissa and Sick Leave Bank forms due to Denise
- September 7: Labor Day Holiday
- September 10: Boy Scout Interest Meeting (Grades 1-3 at 2:30)
- September 11: Teacher Self Report I due
- September 18: Heritage Festival Day
- September 21 - 25: Book Fair Week
- September 22: Title I Parent Night and Family Night at Book Fair (5 pm - 7 pm)
- September 22: Data Meetings (WW Schedule), Design Team Learning (3 pm - 4:30 pm)
- September 23: Sunshine Fund Money due to Denise ($15)
- September 28: Parents may begin eating with students
- September 30: Western Day Pictures, Positive Parent Logs due, Faculty Learning (4 pm - 5:30 pm)
DI Time: Enrichment and Intervention at it's best...
Response to Intervention Meetings and Calendar
Literacy Learning Days - September 28th and 29th
8:15 - 11:15: Kindergarten
12:00 - 3:00: Second Grade
8:15 - 11:15: First Grade
12:00 - 3:00: Third Grade
Please remember to begin your positive parent contacts this week if you haven't already. Our parents want to hear from us and we need to set the stage for future communication!
Check out this great article from Eduptopia about what parents want in school communication by clicking here.
CHAMPS - Week 2
If a student's behavior escalates to the point of you needing an administrator to be involved, please contact the office and allow us to come to you or to our designated behavior area with Sabrina and Dee. For privacy reasons and the number of parents we have in and out of the office, it is best that we do not immediately bring a student that is having behavior concerns to the office area.