Lamar Paw Print News
Updated May 9, 2022
STAAR Testing Information - No Lunch Visitors
Parent Testing Tips
· Make sure your child gets a good night's sleep before a test.
· Maintain a pleasant home environment and avoid unnecessary conflicts. Try to make the morning of the test a pleasant one. Do not add to your child’s stress.
· Make sure your child has taken any needed medication.
· Ensure that your child is present during testing (children generally perform better when taking tests in their groups rather than at a make-up time).
· Get your child to school on time the day of the test.
· Wish your child good luck each morning of the test. Tell your child that he/she is special and that you believe in him/her!
· Remind your child the test is important. Encourage him/her to do his/her best.
· If your child is too ill to attend, please call the school office at 281-420-4625
Lamar Elementary 2022-2023 Nominations PTO Board
Online Registration 2022-2023 School Year
Please click on link tp register your child for next school year. If you need to reset your password, please call us at Lamar (281)420-4625: https://teams.gccisd.net/registration/#!login
Please click on the link for the volunteer form. Please allow two weeks for your application to be processed. Please allow two weeks for applications to be processed.https://teams.gccisd.net/volunteer/EntryPointHomeAction.do
Counselor's Corner: Mrs. Lopez
This month we’re talking about Gratitude! The dictionary defines it as: “the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.” The definition we are using in class is:
Gratitude: choosing to notice and appreciate things in our life, things in others, and things in the world.
We want to make sure we share with students that Gratitude is 1) a choice that we get to make over and over again on where we put our focus and 2) doesn’t always have to be about something positive. We can feel grateful even for tough or challenging things in our life! There is plenty of research that shows a strong connection between Gratitude and reduced anxiety, increased happiness, and better relationships. Over the course of the month, we will talk about amazing people who demonstrate Gratitude in various ways. We will talk about what we are grateful for in ourselves and in others. And we will even find Gratitude in some things we wouldn’t expect to be thankful for!
FAMILY ACTIVITY – Letters of Gratitude
Have each person in the family draw or write a letter expressing gratitude to someone special people in your life; this could include family, friends, neighbors, or community members. Don’t forget to be specific and share how they make you feel!
When you have all completed the letter individually, drop them off in person or in the mail together!