Est. December 7,1787
"where separate is illegal"
FACTS ABOUT DELAWARE!!!
- established by Swedish settlers
- where old swedes church was constructed
- Delaware was the first of the original colonies to turn to a state
- The south of Delaware was covered with 30,000 acres of swampland
- in 1775 Delaware was governed as a proprietary colony
- Delaware was first known as the Delaware colony
- Delaware was referred to as the breadbasket colony because it was known for its many crops especially wheat
- Delaware was once part of Pennsylvania
- major towns in delaware included Georgetown, Wilmington
- landscapes include Atlantic coastal plains, flat lowlands