Second Grade Happenings
December 11, 2015
This week flew by. Your second graders worked hard and accomplished a lot even with the growing excitement of the holiday season. One major accomplishment was the excellent report from a guest teacher on Wednesday. It is nice to count on my class to do the right thing when I'm at a meeting!
The class proved to be pretty reliable when taking their iPads home this week. Now that they're in the habit of doing it, they will have their first assignment. I will be asking students to use any of the presentation apps to share some of their family's holiday traditions. They can choose from iMovie, Book Creator, Animoto or ChatterKid to create a short explanation of things their family does to celebrate the holidays.
We also spent time this week reflecting on personal goals and setting new ones. Check your child's Seesaw account early next week to see what goals they have set for themselves.
We are in need of empty paper towel tubes and soup cans for a project. If possible, please send them in this week.
- Opinion writing review
- Goal setting
- Practicing strategies to answer questions as we read
- Nonfiction note-taking
- Using multiple resources to answer questions
- Showing multiplication and division with arrays, diagrams and number models
- Equal share number stories
- Inquiry investigations
Books We've Read
- Diary of a Worm
- Hey Little Ant
- Gooney Bird Greene and the Room Mother
Dates to Remember
- Mon., December 14 - Music
- Tue., December 15 - Art
- Wed., December 16 - Mass Media
- Thur., December 17 - P.E.
- Fri., December 18 - Music, Quarter Awards @ 9:00, All School Sing Along @9:45, Class Parties @ 3:00.
Writers' Workshop - Nonfiction writing
Math Workshop - Continuing with multiplication and division concepts, Unit 4 test
Inquiry Workshop - Research