"Growing Tomorrow's LEADERS Today"- April 4, 2021
State Testing Reminders
Falcon Parent Leaders,
Testing at UPES for 2nd -5th grade students will officially begin Tuesday, April 6th. All of our face to face students should arrive on campus no later than 8:00 a.m. daily. Virtual students should arrive on campus by 8:00 for their 8:30 testing session, and they should arrive on campus by 11:00 for their 11:30 testing session. All specifics including both drop-off and pick-up times have been communicated with the parents of virtual students, but please feel free to double check with your child's teacher to ensure you have the correct times for your child's virtual testing sessions. All students will participate in the Alabama Comprehensive Assessment Program (ACAP). Students in grades 2nd-5th at UPES will participate in both the Reading and Math tests, but only our 4th graders will participate in the Science test. The ACAP testing window is open until April 23rd, but you are welcome to check with your child's teacher for specific dates and times. Below are few testing reminders that I mentioned last week:
- Get plenty of sleep the night before each test
- Eat a healthy breakfast at home or arrive on time at school to eat breakfast with their classmates. (This will give their brain the energy needed to do its very best.)
- Arrive at school on time with the tools (glasses, medication, etc,) needed for success
- Have a positive "can-do" attitude-- a little encouragement (not pressure) from parents is always a good tool
- Refrain from bringing any digital devices such as cell phones, kindles, ipads and/or smart watches to school during the testing window.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact me, your child's teacher or our counselor/testing coordinator- Mrs. Wheat. My motto is always "Working Together Everyone Achieves More, and we want testing to be another positive learning experience for everyone! As always, thank you for all that you do to make UPES a success!!
In your service,
Student Devices left at School
Arrival & Dismissal Reminders
Arrival- begins at 7:30
- Car riders can exit their car and use the side walk to enter the building to maintain a steady flow of traffic.
- Temperatures are being checked in the front lobby.
- Any student who arrives on campus after 8:00 a.m. must be signed in by a parent.
- Parents are required to wear a mask to enter the building and/or sign in tardy students.
Dismissal- begins at 2:30 for Pre-K students
- Only walking parents are allowed to walk up to get a child, and those students have been identified as "walkers".
- Please plan accordingly for after-school appointments to prevent the need to walk-up or be in a hurry during carpool.
- Hang tag are required and are issued with your child's name.
- If you send someone to pick up your child(ren), please inform them of our dismissal procedures and what lane to enter for your child(ren).
- If a hang tag is not present, a pictured I.D must present before a child is dismissed.
- Please refrain from distractions or using cellphones in the carpool lane to ensure the safety of everyone.
- Traffic flows and stops together; no cars are allowed to pass or switch lanes during dismissal.
- ALL students must be picked up by 3:00 p.m.
Please know the safety of your child is our first priority, and the process works quickly, if we all do our part.
Remember SAFE Schools BEGIN AT HOME!
Please help us by including the following in your before-school routine:
- Screening your child for symptoms before leaving home.
- Providing a bottle of water for your child's use as water fountains will be unavailable.
- Providing a clean and appropriately sized face-covering for your child to wear throughout the day. All individuals whether students, staff or guests must wear face coverings while in TCS facilities.
- PLEASE DO NOT send your child to school sick.