September 13, 2019
What's Happening at NHS?
- Girls (V) Swim & Dive vs. Peoria Notre Dame @ 5:00PM
- Girls (FA) (FB) Volleyball Freshman VB Invite @ 8:30AM
- Boys (FA) Soccer vs. Libertyville @ 9:00AM
- Boys (V) Soccer vs. Libertyville @ 2:00PM
- Student Council Executive Board - Room 223/2:30-4:00PM
- SAGA - Room 445/2:30-3:15PM
- Stargazer - Room 429/2:30-3:45PM
- Madrigal Rehearsal - Choir Room 141/5:00-9:00PM
- Boys (V) Golf vs. Lake Park & Glenbard West @ 3:30PM
- Boys (FA) Soccer vs. DeKalb @ 4:30PM
- Girls (FA) (S) (JV) Volleyball vs. Geneva @ 4:30PM
- Girls (FB) (V) Volleyball vs. Geneva @ 5:30PM
- Boys (JV) Football vs. Geneva @ 6:00PM
- Class of 2023 Student Council Meeting - Room 223/6:30-7:15AM
- Voluntourism Club Meeting - Room 302/6:45-7:15AM
- Class of 2020 Student Council Meeting - Room 202/6:45-7:15AM
- Spanish NHS Tutoring - The Nook/2:15-3:15PM
- DECA Meeting - Room 114/2:30-3:15PM
- Chess Club - Room 443/2:30-3:30PM
- Tech Crew - Auditorium Room 133/2:30-5:30PM
- Girls (V) Tennis vs. Wheaton North @ 3:45PM
- Girls (V) Golf vs. Glenbard North & Wheaton Warrenville South @ 3:45PM
- Boys (JV) Soccer vs. Geneva @ 5:00PM
- Boys (V) Soccer vs. Geneva @ 7:00PM
- DECA Fundraiser - Room 302/7:00-8:00PM
- Early Release @ 1:30PM
- Key Club - Room 215/2:30-3:30PM
- Boys (JVII) (FA) Soccer vs. Geneva @ 4:30PM
- National Honor Society All Member Meeting - Room 302/6:45-7:15AM
- German NHS - Mobiles M484/2:30-3:30PM
- Chess Club - Room 433/2:30-3:30PM
- Drama Club - Auditorium Room 133/2:30-3:15PM
- Fellowship of Christian Students - Room 302/6:30-7:00AM
- GAPP Welcome Party - Courtyard/4:00-8:00PM
- Homecoming Football Game vs. Geneva (JV) @ 5:00PM (V) @ 7:30PM
We've Got Spirit, Yes We Do! We've Got Spirit, How 'Bout You?
Class Color Day
Window Painting Downtown STC 3:00-6:00PM
Tacky Tourist Day
Co-Ed Volleyball Games 7:30-9:00PM
Small Games 7:00-8:30PM
Golf Cart Decorating 3:00-5:00PM
School Spirit Day
Homecoming Dance Decorating 3:00-6:00PM
Football JV @ 5:00PM & Varsity @ 7:30PM
Homecoming Dance 7:00-10:00PM
The PTO needs volunteers for ticket sales during student lunch hours on Wednesday, September 18 and Thursday September 19; if interested, click on the link.
Tickets for Homecoming are $25 each and can be purchased online or in person. Tickets will NOT be available at the door the evening of the dance.
See the Homecoming Ticket Sales 2019 attachment at the bottom of the newsletter for complete instructions on how to order your tickets online.
HOMECOMING TICKET SALES (volunteer)
PTO Fundraiser! All day on September 20 & 21!
Take the night off from cooking next Friday and Saturday, and treat your family and friends to a delicious meal during Homecoming weekend. A percentage will be donated back to North PTO to help support student sponsored activities throughout the school year. All you need to do is bring a copy of the flier or a picture of it on your phone. Enjoy!
Jazz Workshop Performance
The SCN Jazz Workshop will be playing this Saturday, September 14, at the St. Charles Jazz Festival. The group will be performing on the 1st Street Plaza (behind McNally's & Pizzeria Neo) with special guest trumpeter, Victor Garcia, at 12:30PM. Make a day of it and you can see SCN Music Teacher, John Wojciehowski and his group, perform at 3:00PM!
Picture & Yearbook Information
Attention Senior Parents- September 23rd - September 26th are the final days of senior portraits. These senior portraits are the way that your student will be pictured in the yearbook as we do not use ID photos for seniors. The Yearbook only session is no cost to you, but packages are available if you would like to purchase senior portraits. If your senior wants to reschedule their appointment, please use the contact information listed here. That is (815) 433-1766 and their email is email@example.com or they can log in at www.rootseniors.com and reschedule or change their session. The HR Imaging system will automatically send an email reminder a few days prior to your student's appointment. Senior appointments will take place in the auditorium foyer at St. Charles North.
Attention Freshmen-Junior Parents- If your student needs to retake their photo because they do not care for their ID photo and would like a different photo to appear in the yearbook, they will be able to do that on Tuesday, October 1st. Retakes will take place all periods of the school day in the Cafeteria Foyer at St. Charles North. Your student should stop by during their lunch or study hall period to have their photo retaken.
Do you still need to purchase a yearbook for the 2019-2020 school year? If you want to purchase a yearbook for next year, please do so using Pushcoin or by sending a check addressed to St. Charles North Attn: Lindsay Boynton for $45. You want to ensure that you have this wonderful piece created by students for students to help them remember their high school experience. If you are unsure if you have already purchased a yearbook, you can e-mail Lindsay.Boynton@d303.org to verify!
1 in 10 People Need a NEW MATTRESS!
If you think a new mattress is in your future and you are waiting for the right time to buy, then this is the sale for you!
DECA, FCCLA, Mock Trial, NBHS, and INCubator invite you to attend our 4th Annual Mattress Fundraiser which will take place on Saturday, September 28 from 10AM-5PM at St. Charles North.
The mobile showroom, set up in the NHS cafeteria, will give you a chance to "test drive" name brand mattresses before you buy. These mattresses are priced up to 50% below retail and include Simmons, Beautyrest, Restonic, and Malouf. Pillows, adjustable bases, and sheets are also available.
Please mark your calendars so you don't miss out on the chance to get a great mattress at a great price and help support our clubs! We look forward to seeing you there!
We need your help!
Mark Your Calendars! Kick-a-thon will be at St. Charles East on October 4 during the Crosstown Classic. The event will occur between the Sophomore and Varsity Football games. The money that is raised benefits the local chapter of the American Cancer Society, Living Well Cancer Resource Center in Geneva, and Fox Valley Food for Health.
Last year, thanks to our amazing community, we were able to donate $71,527.58! If you would like to be a part of this incredible event, we have many different ways that you can show your support!
Save the Date: November 21st, 22nd and 23rd, 2019
Tickets on Sale: October 15th, 2019
Madrigals: An Evening of Music, Laughter and Dinner Theater at its Finest, featuring SCN students and a truly gourmet meal form Tarragon Catering.
Where: Baker Church in Downtown St. Charles
Menu: Choice of Seared Chicken Saltimbocca, Roasted Ratatouille Manicotti or Toasted Garlic Shiraz Braised Short Ribs.
Attendees: Are seated in the Dining Hall of a Medieval Palace as guests of the King’s Court. Dinner and Entertainment abound!
At SCN, athletics’ are an extension of the classroom, complementing a student’s educational experience. Click here to get up-to-date information on all of North's teams. Come cheer on your North Stars!
College Visits & More
Check out the College & Career Readiness page for upcoming college visits and more! This is a great opportunity for students to meet admissions reps and to learn more about individual schools.
“Getting Involved” is what "Student Life" is all about. Students interested in participating in any of the organizations should listen to the daily announcements, check the hallway kiosk near the nurses’ office, check out flyers in the hallways or visit the Office of Student Life for more information.