Help Desk Software Reorganization
In an attempt to remedy this and (hopefully) bring more clarity and speed to the process, we have reorganized the main categories as follows:
- Acquisition Requests: Used for requests to purchase or acquire software, hardware, and wireless hotspots.
- Devices: Any personal computing device (Macbook, iPad, PC, Chromebook, or Android tablet).
- Hardware and Peripherals: Everything else that plugs in, such as printers, phones, Apple TV, projectors, Smartboard, TV, network, and so on.
- Services and Setup: Assessment set-up, requests to allow or block websites, login issues, name changes, etc.
- Software or Website Issue: We left a few of the most popular choices, but for everything else we are asking that you choose "Other Software" and fill in a field with the name of the software or web-based service for which you need assistance.
- And, we still have an "Other Inquiries" option to catch everything else.
We will probably tweak things a bit more as we get feedback on these changes. On a related note, you'll soon see the option to complete a customer satisfaction survey once a ticket is closed.
The results could be better, but that just means that we (the technology department) have to do a better job of training staff on how to handle problematic e-mails.
There is no way to prevent all malicious messages from getting through, though we continue to explore options with our current e-mail system to try to limit our exposure.
Determine what the audio-visual equipment in a classroom should consist of in the next five years, with any variations noted for the following settings:
General education classroom
Special education classroom
Specialist space (such as EL, intervention, art, music, PE)
Review technologies through research and hands-on pilot programs or demonstrations.
(Potentially) Identify a migration path from Smart Notebook software to an alternative, ideally open source platform.
Develop training materials that would assist staff in more effectively utilizing classroom audio-visual technology.
Meeting Dates & Times
4:15 - 5:15 @District Office (may move this around to buildings) - 1st and 3rd Thursdays.
Network ports may be configured to work specifically with a phone or printer. Or the port may be turned off or disconnected entirely. So, changing where something is plugged in may render it non-functional.
If you need something moved around in your room and it would be plugged into a different network port, please open a help desk ticket so that the tech staff can confirm that everything is set up correctly.