Barbara R. Morgan Elementary School
Summer 2021 Family Newsletter
June & August Events:
- May 31: NO SCHOOL (Memorial Day)
- June 3 & 4: 5th Grade Orientation to PLMS (PM)
- June 4: Fun Friday #4 for M/W students (Sign up to volunteer)
- June 4: Field Day (M/W students): Grades 4 & 5 from 8:30-9:45 / Grades 2 & 3 from 10:00-11:15 / Grades K & 1 from 12:30-1:45
- June 4: Samson Trail Walk (M/W students) @ 2:15
- June 5: Heartland High School Graduation @ 10:00 / MDHS Graduation @ 2:00
- June 7/8: 2nd Grade Walking Field Trip
- June 7/ 8: 5th Grade Walking Field Trip
- June 9/10: 3rd Grade Biking Field Trip
- June 9/10: 2nd Grade Walking Field Trip
- June 9/10: 5th Grade End of Elementary Program @ 1:45 in the Gym with Final Walk through @ 2:30.
- June 9/10: Last Day of School / Dismissal @ 3:00 both days
- June 10: Online students/families Year End Celebration 11:00-1:00
- June 11: Deadline for PTA Online Orders for student supplies
- June 11: Lost & Found items donated
- June 14-18: Camp Invention for registered students
- June 17: BRMES Office Closes
- August 18: BRMES Office Opens
- August 27: BRMES Open House /Meet the Teacher @ 4:00-6:00
- August 31: 1st Day of School / Doors open @ 7:45 / School Starts @ 8:10
Dear Parent(s), Guardian(s), & Students,
It has been a one-of-a-kind, whirlwind, crazy, fun, and like no other kind of school year. I am so thankful for all of your support and I am incredibly proud of our students and staff this year. We sure have a lot to celebrate!
Report cards and progress notes will be emailed home by June 17 for all students. SBAC & IRI test results will be sent home with students by the last day of school. Please stop by to check the lost & found collection too before it is donated (see pictures below).
Over the summer, please check our website and calendar (also on the website) for back to school updates. We are all hoping to return to school five days per week and to start the 2021-22 school year with our traditional open house celebration night on August 27th.
Please encourage your child to continue reading throughout the summer and see how many items he/she can check off from the PTA Summer Bucket List below. Have a safe and great summer!
Mrs. Berg, Principal
Check out our Lost & Found
School District Microsoft Programs
Back to School Information
Open House/Meet the Teacher Night: Friday, August 27 from 4:00 to 6:00 PM: Class Lists will be posted on the school front windows @ 4:00 (just prior to Back to School Night) and remain there until the 1st Day of School. We invite all of our families and kids to come by to meet your new teacher and bring in supplies. More details about our Open House will be emailed to you in August.
Tuesday, August 31: 1st Day of School
Order School Supply Kits by June 11th!
Summer Bucket List Ideas
Are you an Amerigas customer? There is a way to earn money for our school without spending any money and it only takes about 5 minutes to sign up.With the Covid 19 pandemic, Amerigas has automated the School Days Program. No more papers to drop off at the school. Go to ameri.gs/participationform and fill out the participation form (BRMES ID: 677482068). Please pass this link on to family and friends. It can also be located under Quick Links on the Barbara Morgan website https://www.mdsd.org/Domain/11.