Team News 2.2
Daring Greatly in Faith, Academics, & Service for SMCS
Week 5 of 2020. Hello February!
Wow. Can you all join me in thanking Mrs. Mechtel, Mrs. Bazany, Mrs. Norton and Mrs. Tamez for planning our Catholic Schools Week! Thank you for bringing the crazy joy our way all week long.
Team, we are heading into the shortest, yet sometimes most frustrating month. Please remember your self-care as we storm through February and know you are in my prayers. If you need anything, I am never in my actual office--text me, call me and I'll run from where I am to your side of campus.
Remember Clubs start on Monday. See Roar for Sign Up List!
Reminders and Updates
- Team Meeting on WEDNESDAY. My apologies for this switch. Needed for Archangel Tablets availability. We will be going over Chromebooks.
- If you have not signed up already, please do so for Arch PD Training below. We will have a quick grab and go sandwich lunch for you in the lounge after dismissal.
- We are halfway through Q3. Progress report grades are due this Sunday, Feb. 9 before you go to bed.
Remember to have at least Chapter One of our Book Study read by Feb. 4 for Team Meeting!
Wednesday, Feb. 5th, 3:30-5:30pm
Library and Lab
Book Study Insights
Arch Professional Development: ASC CLOSED. ALL are to attend.
Friday, Feb. 7th, 12:45pm
See Below for Your Sign Up!
Kinder, PK3 and PK4 – training will be at St. Pius X, 1:30-4:00
1st to 8th Grade (with Mrs. Cortez)--NWEA usage
Training will be at St. Luke, 1:30-4:00
Specialists – Counselors, Music, Art, PE, Religion, Library, Technology, Spanish – training will be at St. Peter, Prince of the Apostles, 1:30-4:00
Specialists will meet together with their content areas and work through the standards. Participants will be notified the week of training with a reminder and specific instructions.
This Week's Scheduled Interruptions/Off Campus/Subbing
- Ms. Buckner out, Mr. Patrick to sub in AM with Ms. Sheila, in PM with Ms. Vilma.
- Ms. Lori out, Mr. John in Kitchen with Ms. Sissy
- Mrs. Johnson out in AM, Mrs. Medina to sub
- Mrs. Fischer out ALL day. May take students to the library during the time to check out books and class storytime.
- Ms. Molly and Mr. Victor out
- Team Meeting at 3:50 PM, Not Tuesday
- Ms. Sissy out, Front office Kitchen Support
- Early Dismissal and Archdiocesan PD.
If it's not on here, I overlooked your request or did not receive one. Please review carefully and let me know ASAP.
****Please remember to secure your OWN sub for any duties---lunch, morning, etc---that will be unstaffed due to your absence.*******
FEBRUARY Mass Information
Feb 7 3rd grade
Feb 14 Middle School
Feb 21 2nd grade
Feb. 23 ALL SCHOOL MASS SPONSORED BY 1st Grade and 2nd Grade
Feb 26 1st grade *Ash Wednesday, No Mass on Friday---Will schedule Reconciliation.
Friday School Mass Positions to Secure BY TUESDAY OF THE MASS WEEK.
1) First Reader
2) Psalm Reader
3) Gift Bearers (3)
All School Sunday Mass Positions to Secure BY TUESDAY of the Mass Week. Email and confirm with Admin and Parents, Please!
1) First Reader
2) Second Reader
3) Gift Bearers (4)
4) Servers (2)--Secure with Mrs. Ortiz
Please always confirm readers and begin practicing with them by Tuesday. Please email your assignments to Ms. Cortez and Ms. Salazar by Wednesday.
Cheat Sheets for Parents and Students for Sunday Mass--Coming SOON!
2020 Duty Schedule
Progress Report Quarter 3: Grades complete by Sunday, Feb 9th.
Report Card Quarter 3: Grades and Skill Sets due by March 17 at 7PM.
Progress Report Quarter 4: Grades complete by Sunday, April 19.
8th Grade Report Card: Grades complete by May 22.
Kinder to 7th Grade: Take grades and complete until May 29.
SHOUT OUTS, Special KUDOS this Past Week
- Our CSW team: Ms. Mechtel, Ms. Norton, Ms. Tamez and Mrs. Bazany for putting together all the fun and helping us love our school even more.
- Miss Bazany for building our girls confidence in Pep Squad--they brought the spirit!
- Coach Garcia, Coach Smith, Coach Flores for leading a huge basketball season of growth and working each day to keep us strong in athletics!
- Mrs. Daigle for your open-ended learning sprees in the makerspace--the kids are loving the creativity and collaboration.
- Ms. Vilma and Mr. Patrick for jumping into sub and lead ASC last week.
- Ms. Lilli for taking our kids to Good Shepherd to support our School and Recruiting for 2020!
- Ms. Molly and Mr. Victor for coming in each day this weekend to do a deep clean of our school and for jumping in with Ms. Maria's absence last week.
- Ms. Maria, wow. We have a massive school and you keep us shining!
- Front office--Ms. Rosa, Ms. Molly and Mrs. Cortez for helping with the cafeteria all last week.
- SO MUCH MORE GRATITUDE---all the little things you do each minute that never go noticed publicly and keep us glued together and firmly rooted in CHRIST.
I NEED YOUR HELP! I don't see everything on campus. At least every other week, could you text me or email me or tell me in the hall, something awesome one our team members did? I'd like to make it public.