Solar System Fact Mobile
Directions and Photo Examples
What is a mobile?
How to use thIs site:
2. Blue headers are links to printable pages or websites.
3. If you get confused and can't find a classmate to help, post your question for me in Schoology. I will answer it there or come find you to help.
MAKE A SOLAR SYSTEM FACT MOBILE
Step One: Color the picture of the planets
This is science. Make your pictures look as real as possible. Photos are available in your science textbook and online.http://www.kidsastronomy.com
Step Three: PLANET FACT CARDS
1. Cut out all the rectangles with facts and planet names.
2. Glue each rectangle to a small black rectangle (2 in. x 3 in.) Each fact or name should be glued to its own black rectangle.
2. Go the Planet Fact Slide Show. Read and compare to match fact cards to the correct planet name.
Step Four: Connect cards with string
Drawn picture of planet
Planet Fact Card
Planet Facts about Rotation and Orbit
Distribute evenly with even spaces between each card.
Tape to string, then set aside to connect planet cards.
Step Five: Prepare mobile hanger.
Tie string across the diameter in two directions to form a plus sign in the middle.
Use masking tape to secure where the string connects to the hanger.
Trim any extra string.
Bend and form the hanger into a circle. Bend the hanger upwards.
Tie string across the diameter in two directions. Tie tightly.
Wrap masking tape around both hanger and string wherever they meet.
Hang the sun where the handle is bent upwards.
Tie the sun to the bent handle.
Two strings of planet cards fit in each quarter of the circle.
Be sure to space strings evenly. If lopsided, the mobile will tilt to one side. Secure with masking tape to hold string in place.