Pathfinder Elementary - January 5, 2017
Leader in Me Family Connection
Happy New Year from the Leader in Me Family Team!
'Begin with the End in Mind' Challenge
We use Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind all of the time at school and are excited to challenge our families to practice this habit at home!
The new year is a great time to set new goals as a family! We will be challenging our families at Pathfinder to "Begin with the End in Mind" and take some time to set goals as a family for the upcoming year. During the month of January, families will be encouraged to set goals together and send a picture of your goals to Ms. Domeny.
This could be a picture of a family poster, the worksheet below, or even just a family selfie as you sit down together to set goals for 2017. We will be posting these photos at Pathfinder and on our Pathfinder Facebook page to share with our school community. When you send your photo, if you do not want it posted online please let us know.
Tips for Family Goal Setting:
- STARTING — The best way for goal setting to work is to sit down as a family — perhaps around a meal or special treat — and talk about what’s working and what’s not working.
- NOTE TAKER — Appoint someone — a child, preferably — to be your family note taker.
- ONE GOAL — This is not about blaming or shaming. Simply about trying to be your best. That’s when each person can decide what their ONE goal should be to focus on over the next month.
- GET WRITING — Use a large piece of poster board or the goal worksheet below. Write everyone’s names, including mom and dad. Have everyone in the family write down their own goals. Make sure you have a plan of baby steps — tiny actions — everyone can take to make sure they are successful reaching their goals.
- HAVE FUN — Make it fun and memorable. This should be a time that your family enjoys being together and helps encourage one another as each person sets his/her goal.
- DISPLAY IT — Hang your goals in a place where you can all see it all the time.
- REVISIT — Families should revisit those goals and celebrate the victories and guide and support the not-so-victorious.
Download the worksheet below by clicking here. This is a great tool to use in setting some goals for the new year with your family!
Winter Weather/School Closing Planning and Notification
With the recent drop in temperatures, it is time to begin planning for winter weather!
In the event of school cancellation, PCR-3 will get that information out as early as possible through automated phone calls and text messages, the District website, Facebook, Twitter, the District Hotline (816-858-2752), and local media.
Please visit the Winter Weather Information page on the Parents Tab of the district website for information regarding recess and clothing considerations (there will be no outdoor recess when the wind chill is at 20 degrees or below), cancellations, how the district will notify families, and Y Club information.
Parents: If you haven't yet opted in to receive texts and wish do so, please text the word "YES" to 67587.
Yearbooks for Sale
Each class will be featured in the yearbook, and this will provide a great keepsake for your child’s time at Pathfinder. Order forms went home last week, but we still have some available in the office. You can pay by check, make checks out to Pathfinder Elementary, or you can order online at YBPAY.lifetouch.com with the Yearbook ID code: 11384617.