September 3, 2021
Off to a Great Start
Hello Audubon Families,
I hope that you and your kiddos have had a good start to the school year. We have certainly had a few ups and downs as we have started, however it has largely been a great start. Some exciting things that have happed already are:
- We have 50+ Audubon students out for Cross Country this year.
- There are many more clubs and activities coming your way.
- Students have been rocking their beginning of year assessments and with the extra Reading Intervention position we have this year we are able to get our interventions started much earlier than normal to support students.
- Our enrollment is over the district projection at this point which is always a great thing.
As you read on in this newsletter there is some important information around upcoming school closures, School Accountability Committee, Parent-Teacher Association and so much more. We look forward to continuing our work this year to partner with our families to give students the absolute best - which is what they deserve.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out and we will do our best to answer them for you. You can always reach me at email@example.com or 719-328-2602.
Wishing you health and wellness,
Principal, Audubon Elementary
Updated COVID Protocols (as of 9/3/2021)
The district continues to monitor the COVID-19 number in El Paso County and will inform families of any changes to protocols as they come. Listed below are some of the most recent changes:
Beginning Tuesday, September 7
- All school and district employees will be required to wear masks while inside.
Possible Updates as previously communicated
- If county numbers rise above 200 per 100,000 for five (5) consecutive days then all students, staff, and visitors in the elementary setting will be required to wear a mask indoors unless they meet criteria (click here) to not wear a mask.
- If county numbers rise above 250 per 100,000 for five (5) consecutive days then all students, staff and visitors in all D11 settings will be required to wear a mask indoors.
District 11 and Audubon will continue to provide updates as they become available.
Picture Day is Coming Soon
The School ID on the site is: EVTNZZV7N
We will be sending home fliers for the week of 9/6/21. If you have any questions please give us a call in the office at 719-328-2600.
School Accountability Committee Meeting and Information
At our first meeting of the year we will be discussing where the school is in terms of budget, enrollment, and new curricular materials. Also at the first meeting we will be sharing our schools improvement plan that is updated yearly. Parent and community feedback is extremely important in this process and we would love to here from you about it. We hope to see you on Thursday the 9th.
- Audubon Apparel Drive
- PK/K/1 - Safety Town (street and bike safety)
- Trunk or Treat
- APEX Fun Run/Turkey Trot
We would love to have you join us and participate in what you can. If you would like to join the PTA you can do so by clicking the link below and submitting your PTA dues for the 21-22 year. Click here for the link.
The team is looking for volunteers to help with the safety town program on September 23. You can sign up by clicking here.
As we are planning for the Trunk or Treat we would like to know if you might attend the event on October 22nd - click here to let us know.
2021-2022 School Communication
- Bi-weekly newsletter (first and third week) - this allows for smaller chunks of info and more timely info to be shared.
- School information to be sent home (picture day packets, fundraiser info, etc.) will be sent home on Thursday's if we have it.
- We will push out the information in three ways - email, Class Dojo, and social media.
We hope that by having consistent communication with families you are able to stay informed about upcoming school events and school business. If there is a need to have special communication around anything we will also send those updates.
Quarantines and Remote Learning
- If a student is quarantined due to COVID-19 they will be able to complete work daily via Schoology or Seesaw.
- Those students in quarantine will be able to meet with their teacher via live WebEx each day of their quarantine (teachers will share the time with families as it may be different for each teacher due to their daily schedule).
- If work is completed and turned in, the student will be counted as present for the school day in the attendance system.
- Remote learning is if an entire class has to be quarantined due to COVID-19 or potentially for inclement weather situations.
- Teachers will have a daily schedule that students should follow from home that will include live sessions and off-line work time.
- This type of learning would be temporary.
Upcoming Dates and Events
September 6 - Labor Day; School Closed
September 9 - SAC Meeting @ 4:00
September 20 - PD/Work Day; No Students
September 21 - Individual Picture Day
October 2 - Community Clean-up Day
October 14 - Chuckie Cheese Night
October 15 - Teacher Work Day; No Students
October 18 - Data Collaboration Day; No Students
October 19 - PTA Meeting @ 5:30
October 21 - SAC Meeting @ 4:00
October 22 - Trunk or Treat @ 4:00
October 25 - Book Fair
October 28/29 - Parent/Guardian/Teacher Conferences; No Students
November 9 - Individual Picture Day Makeup
November 11 - Veterans Day
November 11 - SAC Meeting @ 4:00
November 22-26 - Thanksgiving Week; School Closed
November 29/30 - Health Screening
December 6-10 - Holiday Shop
December 14 - PTA Meeting @ 5:30
December 17 - School Movie @ 8:30
December 20-Jan 2 - Winter Break; School Closed
January 3 - PD/Work Day; No Students
January 4 - Work Day; No Students
January 13 - SAC Meeting @ 4:00
January 17 - MLK Day; School Closed
February 10 - SAC Meeting @ 4:00
February 11 - Movie Night @ 5:30
February 15 - PTA Meeting @ 5:30
February 21 - Presidents Day; School Closed
February 28-March 4 - Dr. Seuss Week and Book Fair
March 7 - Teacher Work Day; No students
March 8 - Data Collaboration Day; No students
March 10 - SAC Meeting @ 4:00
March 21-25 - Spring Break; School Closed
April 1 - Chuckie Cheese Night
April 14 - SAC Meeting @ 4:00
April 18-22 - Volunteer Appreciation Week
April 19 - PTA Meeting @ 5:30
April 22 - John J. Audubon Birthday Celebration
May 2-6 - Teacher Appreciation Week
May 12 - SAC Meeting @ 4:00
May 20 - Students Last Day