News from the Nest
Strength. Determination. Knowledge.
Happy Friday, Families!
We're at the end of another beautiful week, and we've come a long way with our proficiency and efficiency in this new technology world!
Throughout the last few weeks, I've not stopped being in awe at our community. Eight months ago, I wouldn't have been able to picture school working the way it is today, yet here we are. We are in the midst of a pandemic, our scholars always having their individual devices and protective masks. They're able to walk through our classrooms safely and see our smiles through our eyes. In some ways, I feel more connected to families, as necessity has brought about daily phone calls and sidewalk support sessions I didn't previously have. Our teachers are SIMULTANEOUSLY teaching students in the classroom and those learning virtually! Our entire community has bound together to do what is best for our students, their families, and our school team. I am so proud of what we are accomplishing every day; it is truly astounding.
Thank you for your resilience, your passion, and your partnership as we do everything possible to provide quality education for your scholars.
Just a few reminders:
- Please make sure you are bringing your charged device with you each and every day! You should also have the charging cable and your headset every day.
- Whether you are virtual or in-person, we have school Monday through Friday! Please make sure you are logging in and participating in your learning every day.
- NWEA testing will finish for our virtual learners this Wednesday (9/23). If you are not yet done testing, you will receive an appointment request for Wednesday from your teacher.
- Meal kits are available for pickup for our fully virtual scholars every Wednesday from 8:00-4:00.
Thank you for the feedback!
- When you log into Blackboard during a time that is not live instruction, you will now see an "away message" from your child's teacher. The message will let you know exactly when live instruction will begin again so you do not miss any direct instruction.
- We are also working on recording our lessons individually, instead of the entire day at once, so that you may access the direct instruction later on if you miss it for any reason (and you won't have to sift through 8 hours of recordings!). These recordings will be available directly in the Blackboard homeroom.