What Is Industrialization?
- Water power and coal to fuel the new machines.
- Iron is one to construct machines, tools, and buildings.
- Rivers for inland transportation.
- Harbors from which merchant ships set sail.
Three industrial developments led the way to industrialization in America:
- Transportation was expanded.
- Electricity was effectively harnessed.
- Improvements were made to industrial processes.
Job Opportunities, transport raw materials, urbanization, steam engine, the railroad system, road transportation, raised the standard of living.
Over crowding in cities, health problems, factories dirty and dangerous, child labor, lack of sanitation, fatigue and illnesses.