Austin ISD Social Studies Weekly
District-Wide Mock Election - Fall 2016
In the fall, we will be holding a district-wide mock election for the 2016 Presidential Election. We have created a mock electoral college of all of the campuses in the district which we will be sharing at our August 4th Social Studies Institute.
To help your students be prepared, we'd like to see a 2016 Electoral College Map Poster in every Social Studies classroom by September 1st!
And lucky for us, C-SPAN Classroom is giving them away free as long as you are a member. See the information below about the poster and how to sign up.
C-SPAN's 2016 Electoral College Map Poster
Limit of one poster per member and only available to members residing in the U.S. and territories).
Please allow 4-5 weeks for delivery.
Features of the 2016 Electoral Map poster include:
- State electoral votes that reflect the 2010 census
- State abbreviations for easy identification
- States' electoral numbers color-coded to reflect the 2012 election results
- Locations of the 2016 Republican and Democratic Conventions
- The history of the election results since 1900 including electoral and popular votes
- Inset maps showing the electoral results since 1992
- Asterisks denoting Maine and Nebraska as district method states instead of winner-take-all
To reserve your copy, simply visit our Special Offers page:
To become a C-SPAN Classroom Member, click here.
Austin ISD Social Studies PD Opportunities!
Dinner and a Movie: National Parks Adventure
April 25, 2016
Bullock MuseumRSVP now!
July 19-20, 2016
For 5th, 8th, and 11th grade US History teachers!
Travis HS Library
Social Studies Institute
Austin ISD Secondary Social Studies
High School Specialist - Melanie Kirchhof
If you have any questions or comments, please contact me by one of the means below.
Also, if you enjoy receiving resources more frequently than once a month, follow us on Twitter @AISDSoc !