District 109 Community Update
March 12th, 2021
Sights & Sounds of a Great Week!
Thinking Spring Break
Here's a reminder about the latest quarantine protocols & information. DPS 109 cannot impose a mandatory quarantine on those who travel so we are strongly encouraging everyone that no matter what your plans are, you and your family stay safe, observe social distancing, and get a chance to recharge your batteries!
We have made incredible progress as a community to reopen schools and are Let's all look out for each other and keep this positive momentum going.
COVID Metrics Update
New Guidance from ISBE/IDPH
The most important change is that IDPH is revising the recommendation for social distancing for in-person learning. Social distance for in-person learning is now defined as 3 to 6 feet for students and fully vaccinated staff.
Their main five points, which align with DPS 109's practices, are:
1. Require universal and correct use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE),
including face masks;
2. Require social distancing be observed, as much as possible;
3. Require contact tracing in combination with isolation of those with suspected or
confirmed COVID-19 and quarantine of close contacts, in collaboration with the local
4. Require an increase in schoolwide cleaning and disinfection and maintenance of healthy
5. Require promotion and adherence to handwashing and respiratory etiquette.
DPS 109 Featured On Walgreens Website!
Everything COVID-Related in a 3-Minute Video
5 Essentials Survey -- We Need You!
We still need more parents to participate! The deadline is April 2nd!
Click the button and select the appropriate survey to begin. Your identity and responses will be kept completely confidential and will not be connected to you or your child. The survey should take no more than 5-10 minutes to complete.