Otsego Elementary Extra
Principal's Weekly Update - August 10th, 2020
From the Desk of Katrina Baughman
1. Class Lists are available here:
If your child is signed up for the online option, they will not be listed on a class list.
Preschool class lists are available here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Uwd2dgUyLeDmTn7WqzMRHOkKEL0iy2nq87VSrCS4N4/edit?usp=sharing
(Please use the tabs at the bottom to navigate between days of the week and teachers)
2. Open House this year will be virtual. We are still working out the details, but we will be sending out information electronically for students to meet their teachers. This information will also be located on the Otsego COVID-19 Online Resources page.
3. Since there will not be an Open House, we will be hosting a Supply Drop Off on August 13th from 2pm-8pm. This is not required, but is being offered so you can drop off your students' supplies before they come to school on the first day. Please make sure that the container/bag your students' supplies are in is labeled with their first and last name, grade level, and teacher. If you are unable to drop your students' supplies off at this time, your child can bring them on the first day of school. If the Otsego Mask that we are giving each student has arrived by the 13th we will give you those too. If you ordered supplies through the elementary PTO, they will be delivered to your child's classroom before the first day fo school.
4. Chromebook pick up for those students who signed up for the 100% online Option: On August 13th from 2 to 8 pm we will have Chromebooks available for the students who signed up for the online option. You will pull around to the HS commons entrance and we will deliver your Chromebook to you.
5. The school day is going to look different this year. Please take a look at this document to learn more about what school will look like for students. A Day in the Life of an Otsego Elementary Student 2020-2021
6. Preschool is still waiting to hear back from the Ohio Department of Education regarding procedures we are required to follow this year. The changes we know right now include:
-No busing for typical students. We are only providing busing for preschool students on an IEP as this is all that is required by the state of Ohio.
-Preschool will not follow a hybrid/blended model if the district moves to that plan. Preschool students will continue to attend the days of the week they are assigned to come.
-If the district moves to an online model/plan, then PK students will also be fully online. Tuition will still be charged the usual rate.
-Preschool Screening will still take place at the time and date stated on the letter you received in the spring. Parents will not stay during the Screening time, and should plan to drop their student at the Elementary Office. Students will need to wear a mask. The Parent Meeting will be shared as a video you can watch at home.
-PK students first day of school is Thursday, August 27th.
7. Kindergarten will follow a staggered start. Each kindergarten student will attend one full day on either August 24th, 25th or 26th. All kindergarten students will attend every day starting Thursday, August 27th. Phone calls are being made today by the Elementary Office letting families know which day their kindergarten student will be attending.
Thank you for your patience as we continue working through all the details to start this school year off successfully! Please reach out to me and/or the Elementary Office with any questions you may have. We will continue to share information as soon as possible!
Here is the link:
If you ordered supplies through the elementary PTO, they will be delivered to your child's classroom before the first day fo school.
August 17-21 - Professional Development for Teachers - NO SCHOOL
August 24 - 1st Day for Students 1st Grade-5th Grade
August 24-26 - Preschool Screening
August 24-26 - KG Staggered Start (Each child comes one full day)
August 27 - 1st day of school for all PK and KG Students
September 2 - Picture Day for Elementary Students
September 7 - Labor Day, NO SCHOOL
October 12 - NO SCHOOL
October 20 - 3rd Grade ELA State Test, Part 1
October 21 - 3rd Grade ELA State Test, Part 2
October 21 - End of 1st Quarter
October 27 - Picture Retake Day for Elementary Students
October 30 - Teacher Work Day - NO SCHOOL
Preschool Openings for this Year
Yearbooks Have Arrived
If you purchased a yearbook last school year, we will be sending it home with your child the first week of school. If your child is completing our online schooling option the first semester, you will need to stop in the elementary office the first week to pick up the yearbook.
We do have a few extras for sale if you missed out on ordering one. The cost is $17 per book, cash or checks made out to "Otsego BOE". You can send money in with your student or stop in the office to purchase. These will be sold on a first come, first serve basis.
If you did not receive a letter stating which days of the week your child would attend school in the event that we begin Hybrid learning, please contact the office. This would not affect preschool students.
Visitors, Treats, and Snacks
There will be no visitors in the building this school year. In addition, we will not be allowing any treats (birthdays, holidays, etc) or any other outside food to be brought in the building. This does not pertain to student's packed lunches.
Chromebook Request Form
In case we go to a blended/hybrid model at some point during the school year, we would like to have a list of students who DO NOT need a Chromebook sent home.
Please fill out this form if you DO NOT NEED a device sent home for online assignments. If you have a unique scenario or have further questions, please contact Jessica Martinez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Face Mask Fundraisers
The Otsego School Board has unanimously voted to implement a district-wide mask policy. Otsego will be providing one mask for every student and staff member.
In order to better protect our students and staff, it is recommended that your mask is washed after every wear. To reduce how often you have to launder your masks, it may be beneficial to purchase or provide multiple for your students.
There are adult and youth sizes available at all of the places.
HS STUDENT COUNCIL
The following link will allow you to purchase white background masks in adult sizes only.
The following link will allow you to purchase black background masks in youth and adult sizes, in over the ear or sports style. Please note, the sport style is done through screen printing, and may want to be turned so the design is off center to aid in talking, in addition, the Small/Medium would be the youth size, Large/Xl would be the adult size. The over the ear style is done through sublimation, so the design is fused to the fabric, and there is a sizing chart in the listing to reference.
Both fundraisers provide the option for direct shipments to your home. If you choose to pick up from the HS commons, we will organize a pick up time once all masks styles come in. We will share this time and date through newsletters and social media.
HS POST PROM
Thank you so much for your support.
Keep Scanning Those Box Tops!
You can now just scan your receipt and our school will earn money! Please see the information below regarding the new Box Top App and Procedures for the 2019-2020 School Year!
There are two types of Box Tops this year - electronic (must scan your receipt with the new app to get the money to the school), and the original Box Tops (can cut them out and send them in with your student!)
Follow Us on Twitter
Preschool: @OtsegoPreKKindergarten: @OtsegoK
1st Grade: @OtsegoFirst
2nd Grade: @OtsegoGrade2
3rd Grade: @OtsegoGrade3
4th Grade: @OtsegoGrade4
5th Grade: @OtsegoGrade5
School Counselor: @OEScounselor
Assistant Principal: @buchman_becky
STEM Teacher: @jemartinez714
PE Teacher: @AmyKonoff
School Nurse: @nursejaneots
Otsego Food Service: @Otsego_Cafe