The Rebel Crier
Back to School Edition Part II - September 2, 2022
In this Issue
- Important Reminders for Day One
- Phones and Electronic Devices in Classrooms
- Senior Parade Expectations
- Morning Drop-Off Instructions
- Important Upcoming Dates
A Note from Mr. D'Amico
The first day of school is around the corner, and we all look forward to greeting our new and returning Rebels on Tuesday!
Our awesome Link Crew leaders greeted most of our 182 members of the Class of 2026 on Thursday, and our teachers are ready to get started with the year!
This short edition of the Rebel Crier is just to remind you of some important information for the first day of school, including how we will handle cell phones in classes, expectations for the senior parade tradition, and drop-off instructions.
We want to have a fun, energetic, and most importantly, safe start to the school year as we begin the 50th and final year in the original NFHS building. As always we appreciate your support as we work with our students to build the future!
Important Reminders for Day One
- We encourage all students to take the bus to school.
There are always delays and increased traffic on the first day, and we want everyone to get to school safely and on-time!
- Guests are not allowed for the senior parade
More on this below, but our campus cannot handle extra car traffic and disruptions to parking, bus, and emergency vehicle access on the first day of school.
- Students and their parent/guardians should review the electronic device rules
See the section below for our expectations for electronic devices in classrooms. In summary:
Students must place their phone and ear buds/air pods where the teacher specifies-either the "shoe rack" style holder on the wall or in backpacks.
Students may not take devices to the restroom during class periods
- Students should wear their school ID cards and lanyards
Returning students should wear their ID and school lanyard from last year. 9th grade students should wear their middle school ID during the first days. All students will receive new ID cards when school photos are taken.
- Students' REBEL block will meet first (7:15) on the first two days of school.
The regular bell schedule will begin on Thursday, 9/8.
- Ask your students how the first days of classes went!
We strive to be sure that all student feel welcome and part of a positive classroom environment from day one! We want them to share their experiences with you, so be sure to ask and make that connection!
Be sure you understand the rules about the use of cell phones, earbuds, and similar personal electronic devices in classrooms at NFHS
Senior Parade- Expectations for Students and Families
We ask that if you have a Class of 2023 senior, to just remind them that it also has to be a safe event. Please talk with your senior this weekend about:
- Driving safely, and following the rules of the road
- Being respectful of people and property when gathering at Elmer's, the St. Edward's, and at school.
- Following all school rules, and keeping the hallways safe. No water balloons, water guns, silly string, etc. are allowed
We want to get the year started on a positive note, and need everyone's help and cooperation to do so!
We also ask that parents do not drive to campus to view the parade. Last year, we had several safely close-calls, middle school teachers and staff who could not park safely, and cars blocking the driveway making it difficult for buses and emergency vehicles to navigate the campus. We know that our seniors and staff will take lots of pictures and video.
We are all looking forward to the 50th and final school year in the original NFHS!
Morning Drop-Off Reminders
- Students should exit vehicles in the right lane all the way along the concrete barrier. This will help move traffic along more quickly!
- Students should only exit from the passenger side of vehicles
- Students should be ready to exit vehicles, and have belongings gathered.
- Remember that unless there is someone directing traffic, all vehicles must STOP before making the left turn into the exit drive.
We appreciate your help and cooperation in making drop-off as safe and efficient as possible!
Schedule for 9/6 and 9/7/2022. Tuesday 9/6 is a RED day. Wednesday 9/7 is a BLUE day. Regular bell schedule will begin on Thursday, 9/8
Thank You Link Crew!
The Class of 2026 and their Link Leaders got to make great connections to start the year!
Our Link Crew students are leaders in our NFHS community who help everyone feel welcome!
Mrs. Planz, Mrs. Jurgensen, and Mr. Chapleau do an amazing job putting together the Link Crew and Orientation activities!
Important Upcoming Dates
- Tuesday, 9/6: First Day of School!
- Wednesday, 9/7: 10th & 11th Grade School Photos
- Wednesday, 9/7: Fall Sports Parent Meeting- 7:00 in Auditorium
- Thursday, 9/22: NFHS Open House- 6:30pm
- Wednesday, 10/5: No School- Yom Kippur
- Wednesday 10/12: PSAT for Grade 9, 10, & 11 (In School)
- Wednesday 10/12: Afternoon/Evening Conferences
- Wednesday 10/12: Morning Conferences