Week of March 10th
What's Happening Live @ FHES
- This week Intensive PROGRESS MONITORING /mCLASS
- This week Intensive PROGRESS MONITORING /AMC if you have not completed this from last week.
- Tuesday 3/11 - Identikid ID Badges
- Friday 3/14 - 2nd Grade Public Library Trip
- Friday 3/14 - Holy Angels Helping Hands 9:00 (K&3) and 9:30 (4&5)
- Week of March 17th Fiesta Book Fair @ FHES
- Thursday 3/20 Forest Heights vs Pleasant Ridge Basketball Parent Involvement Event
Friday 3/28 - 3rd nine weeks ends for students
Monday - 3/31 - Pre-K Registration starts
AR Popcorn Parties
Are you ready for some POPCORN?
Teachers you have received the list in your email, but we will be celebrating all classes that made significant growth in AR this week. Mrs. Gates will be giving you an revised list on Monday.
Thanks Mrs. Gates for such a wonderful idea and reading incentive!
Tell you students there's more to come so they can't stop now.
Please plan to meet in Robins office for this week's PLC time.
As you know Robin has been spending time with our 5th grade class to get them back on track. I will let you know before Wednesday our plans/agenda for PLC this week.
Read Across America W/Target
Target was a hit! The students in 1st and 2nd grades responded really well to the guest. We are very thankful. They actually brought a few supplies over from their store. Gluesticks, sanitizer, markers, scissors, and construction paper.
The employee's did a mini book drive ans managed to deliver close to 50 books for our classrooms. Please feel free to take one from the counter top in the office after I display them on Monday.
Don't forget to say thank you to TARGET!
Please Read Mrs. Wallace's email for Health Inspector
The following are things on which we were cited:
* an excessive amount of chemicals were out in the open and exposed to children
* hand sanitizer has to be stored at least 5 feet off the ground anywhere that Pre-K students travel within the building
* there should only be 1 small bottle of hand sanitizer out at a time in each classroom. The larger bottles (to be used as refills) should be stored and locked up.
* she found 3 big containers of rubber cement in a storage area that was left open
* she found some sort of diesel starter spray in an area covered with a shower curtain (this has already been removed)
* some classroom closets have a lot of stuff stored on the floor. She would like this picked up so it doesn't create a home for critters.
* custodial closet in the gym was found propped open and the one in the teacher's workroom downstairs was found unlocked
WE HAVE TO HAVE YOUR HELP TO FIX THESE THINGS
Cheerleaders and Basketball Players BE THERE!!!
We're Playing Basketball... Open to ALL FHES Staff.
Identity Management System
In short this means that every GCS school will be using a new online check-in/out system for parents, students and staff.