Druid Hills High School
Week at a Glance - April 24
Progress Reports Distributed Wednesday During 4th Period
Blood Drive - Thursday, April 27 - 3:30-6:30pm - Gym
Administrative Professionals Week This Week!
- Marlene Aronoff
- Sheena Ford
- Sheila Huffman
- Jeremy Satterwhite
- Quency Standifer
- Michelle Swanson
- Vicki Woodward
Welcome New Staff Members
Bell Schedule This Week
Monday April 24 & Tuesday April 25
- 1st period: 8:10-11:22
- 3rd period: 11:30-3:10
Wednesday April 26 & Thursday April 27
- 2nd period: 8:10-11:22
- 4th period: 11:30-3:10
Friday April 28---Regular Schedule
ESPOTY, TOTY, and ROTY Awards - an Update
Two-sided ballots have been placed in your mailboxes. One side contains candidates for TOTY (Teacher of the Year) and ROTY (Rookie Teacher of the Year). The other side contains candidates for ESPOTY (Educational Support Person of the Year) I and II. If you have completed and turned in a one-side ballot, it with be discarded - you will need to vote again with the correct ballot.
The completed ballot is due back into the main office by 3:30pm Wednesday, April 26.
School Issued Checks
- Checks are cut every Wednesday of the week (available no later than 3:10PM). Please plan accordingly for all your check needs. Only completed check requests will be processed. This is to allow adequate time for other pertinent areas of school-level bookkeeping required by DCSD.
- Check Authorization Forms:
The bookkeeper will assume nothing as it relates to cutting checks. Therefore you must completely fill out the check authorization form. Original invoices or receipts should be attached. If you are seeking reimbursement from an invoice...the invoice should be marked paid. If you have made a purchase with your debit/credit card you will need to provide a copy of that card (only showing your name and the last 4 digits). You cannot be reimbursed for the total amount if you have received a kickback/cash back bonus for purchases I.e amazon store cards etc.
*Pre-Approval - This section should be competed prior to the expense/purchase; meaning the request date should be dated before the date on the invoice or receipt. The account to be charge should be notated along with the appropriate account number.
*Check Authorization - Check payable to, amount due, invoice number, invoice date & description of expenditure are all required fields that need to be completed before you submit.
Incomplete check authorization forms will be returned to the requestor.
Please seek the guidance of the bookkeeper prior to making purchases to avoid reimbursements when possible.
Statements of Leave:
Please be sure you are submitting statements of leave prior to your absence or on the day you return. Make sure you are indicating the dates of your absence. If your are requesting staff development or professional leave, please note the training or principal-approved reason your are requesting leave.
You must submit a statement of leave if another teacher covers your class during their planning period. These teachers cannot be compensated if a statement of leave has not been submitted.
Congrats to Sabina Iqbal, 2017 Stock Market Game Essay Contest State Winner. Sabina will be attending the annual Stock Market Game Awards Luncheon on May 2 at Underground Atlanta.
SLDS - Student Longitudinal Data System
- Teacher Resource Link (TRL): delivers vetted and aligned standards-based digital resources (there's a folders feature allowing teachers to save, assign, and store resources)
- GOFAR: contains test items related to content areas assessed by the Georgia Milestones Assessment System and NAEP.
- Baseball, who will travel to West Laurens Friday afternoon.
- Boys (Region Champions) and Girls (Region Runner-up) Soccer.
- Boys and Girls (Region Runner-up) Tennis.
Congratulations to the track team for their outstanding performance at the Region Championship meet! The girls team placed 3rd in the region, and the boys team placed 5th!!
Key performances include:
- Genevieve Ferrara - 2nd in the 800m, and 2nd in the 3200m
- Ermias Tewolde- 2nd in the 3200m, and 3rd in the 1600m
- Amber Austin - 3rd in the 300m hurdles
- Boys 4x400m relay - 3rd (Shevar Bernard, Kenyon Blackshear, Ruben Taylor, Clark Sheppard)
Additional Sectional qualifiers in their respected events include:
- Carter Rathur - 3200m and 1600m
- Lyric Yarber -100m
- Emily Greippson - 1600m and 3200m
- Annie Blount - triple jump
- Delanie Lucas - Long Jump
- Deshaun Baker- Shot Put
- Girls 4x100m relay: (Amber Austin, Jala Simelton, Lyric Yarber, Aija Wall)
- Girls 4x400m relay: (Amber Austin, Lyric Yarber, Malika Rey, Aija Wall)
PTSA Meeting on Social Media - Tuesday 4/24
Special PTSA Meeting on Social Media
Final Meeting of the Year
Tuesday, April 25, 6:30pm
DHHS Media Center
A representative from Dekalb PD will be on hand to discuss what students and their parents need to know about proper social media conduct. Mistakes students make on line now may affect them for years!
There will also be a short business meeting to review the budget and elect PTSA officers for next year.
SAT/ACT Test Prep
- Account ID: druidhills
- Student Activation Code: newton21
Monday, April 24
G Tennis @ Heritage-Catoosa 5p
Tuesday, April 25
Nathan's Drivers' Ed 3:30p
Wednesday, April 26
Issue 13.5 week progress reports
MAP Spring Window thry 5/25
Departmental Meeting 3:30p
B Soccer v West Laurens @ Adams 7:30p (Cunningham)
Thursday, April 27
IB Exams thru 5/19
Nathan's Drivers' Ed 3:30p
VB Lacrosse v Riverwood @ DHHS 5:55p (Cunningham)
Friday, April 28
Baseball @ West Laurens 5p (Doubleheader) (Cunningham)
Saturday, April 29
Soccer Yard Sale Cafteria 8a
Track Sectionals at Cross Creek
A Spring Musical Uhry Theater 7p (Alexander)
Sunday, April 30
A Spring Musical Uhry Theater 2p (Jackson)
5/3 - Faculty Meeting
5/4 - Teacher Appreciation Party, Spring Concert
AM Duty/PM Bus Duty
Science Bldg: Rachford
Bus Duty: Mariney
Bus Duty: J. Lee
A Lunch: Hart
B Lunch: Lucas
C Lunch: Reiss
D Lunch: McConnell