directly from the castles of MacNeil and Leonard
Land of READ-A-LOT
Maidens and Lords have been reading an autobiography called Firetalking during the past two weeks. Students were given five statements about our author, Patricia Polacco and they had to find evidence to support or refute each statement!! This is big kid learning!! The students did a great job locating supportive evidence.
Missions in Math
Soaring in Science
Our Kingdoms have been simulating life as materials engineer. The students have been looking at two different materials and determining their properties and their structure! This work is tedious and requires teamwork!
WRITING that is Worthwhile
ALL HEADS UP FOR NEXT WEEK...
- The district webpage is being rebuilt...please see our third grade blog for newsletter information and classroom updates. Go to http://wcgrade3.blogspot.com!
- Every student should be reading for their 300 minute monthly reading calendars!
- December calendars are due Monday, January 6, 2014!
- We will have 3 weeks after break to meet our AR goals!
- Please wear a warm coat, gloves, and hats for the 30 minute recess. It is too cold outside!!
- After school clubs begin Tuesday, January 7, 2014!
- Family movie night is Friday, January 10, 2014.