News For New Parents
Here is a few quick tips about your new baby
Appropriate Toys for Baby
The thins your baby plays with need must be extremely safe. Babies put everything in their mouths so the toys you should buy your baby should meet the following requirements:
- must not have any led based paints or any toxins
- have soft round edges
- be opposing colors, so it is visible to your baby.
- big enough so that the baby does not choke
- does not have a string larger than 12 inches.
The pros and cons of breast feeding
This is a very touchy topic for most new moms. The pros of breast feeding are that your baby will get natural immunities, its cheaper than bottle feeding, but some cons may be that moms are not typically comfortable with breast feeding in public and some moms are not able to produce enough milk, also breast feeding requires lots of time. Here are the pros to bottle feeding: it allows Dad to bond with baby, its more convenient, and less of a hassle. Some cons would be that the baby would not get natural immunities and it is more expensive. Ultimately t is the parents choice to decide on what they think is best for the baby, both allow your baby to grow and develop.
Characterisitics of a Healthy baby
Here are some signs of a healthy baby:
- if your baby has bright clear eyes
- if the color of you baby's skin is a light pink
- if your baby has an appetite
- if your baby cries and sounds like a healthy cry
- if your baby smiles and laughs and plays.
SIDS prevention and crib safety
SIDS stands for sudden infant death syndrome, it typically happens to babies when the go to sleep so here are some tips to prevent this:
- make sure that your crib makes all the proper requirement
- make sure the crib doesn't have any loose screws or bolts
- bars on the cribs should be less than two fingers apart
- the bumpers on the crib should be tight and firm NOT fluffy and loose
- there shouldn't be any blankets or pillows while baby is sleeping
- don't cover the babies face while they sleep
- ALWAYS place the baby to sleep on their backs