The Generals' Update
Your guide to DDE events & announcements: 9/27/2020
School is closed tomorrow (Monday, September 28, 2020). We'll be back in session on Tuesday, Generals!
A Message From Mrs. Gambino & Mr. Giarratano
To order your child's pictures online, please go to http://kidsatheartphotos.com/ and enter the preorder code: Eisenhower 2020. We will not be sending picture order forms home with students this year. If you would prefer to order by picture order form, Kids At Heart Photography will have printed forms on site. You may also print the form (see paragraph above) at home and bring it with you on picture day.
If you are unable to make it on either of these days, we will be scheduling a makeup day in the near future.
The Generals' Update Archives!
Covid Daily Parent Form
- Log into the Parent Portal.
- Select the "Forms" tab.
- Under "Forms Library" you will see the "Covid Daily Parent Form." Here are the questions it will ask you: https://bit.ly/3mBb5qE
- Please complete, hit SAVE and then SUBMIT (see screenshot below).
If your child is not feeling well on a day he/she is scheduled to attend school in person, please keep your child at home. He/she may still access school virtually and be marked present for the school day.
Your cooperation with this will help us in our efforts to maintain a safe and health learning environment for all students and staff.
- To report your child absent if he/ she is neither well enough to come to school nor attend school virtually.
- If your child is not feeling well, and he/she is scheduled to attend school in person, please keep your child home. He/she may still access school virtually and be marked present for the school day. However, you must call the attendance line to let us know.
- Welcome Letter: https://bit.ly/35kW7io
- Membership Form: https://bit.ly/2F7xPxU - Everyone who joins the PTO by Wednesday, September 30, 2020 will be entered in a chance to win one extra graduation ticket! One ticket will be awarded per grade level. The ticket will be good for your child's graduation year.
- Committee Descriptions: https://bit.ly/2Fe0tgl
- Parent Volunteer Form: https://bit.ly/3ieuFXd
- Spirit Wear Order Form (due Friday, October 16, 2020): https://bit.ly/3iLKGEy
- Save the Date! Our first virtual PTO meeting will be held on Monday, October 5, 2020 at 6:30pm. Please join us via Zoom: https://bit.ly/33I1DJw
Information for 8th Grade Students
Videos on the programs, options, and timelines:
- Video 1: Overview of the FRHSD
- Video 2: Magnet Program Application Process: https://bit.ly/30ht77M
- Video 3: Magnet Program Timeline
- Video 4: International Baccalaureate
- Their FAQ is also available on the site
In addition to these informational videos, there will be optional Q&A Zoom sessions for students, parents, and guardians:
Magnet Application Process & Timeline
This document is available on their website.
Magnet Open Houses & International Baccalaureate Info Sessions
In lieu of traditional Open Houses and Info Sessions, program supervisors will create videos, available on each program’s page within the Magnet and IB sites. These will be available on October 1. Similar to their general Q&A Zoom sessions, each program will host two program-specific Q&A Zooms for students, parents, and guardians. See the schedule here.
Chromebook Help Desk
The Technology Department has created a help desk for student Chromebook issues. Please email email@example.com if you need assistance. Thank you!
Mark Your Calendar!
- Monday, September 28, 2020: School Closed
- Monday, October 5, 2020: PTO Meeting @ 6:30pm via Zoom (see above for Zoom link)
- Tuesday, October 6, 2020: Board of Education meeting @ 7:30pm via Zoom
- Monday, October 12, 2020: School Closed
- Tuesday, October 13, 2020: School Pictures - 2:00pm-6:00pm
- Wednesday, October 14, 2020: School Pictures - 2:00pm-6:00pm
- Tuesday, October 27, 2020: Board of Education meeting @ 7:30pm via Zoom
- Thursday, November 5, 2020: School Closed
- Friday, November 6, 2020: School Closed