available to STAB students
- Tuesday mornings @ 7:30am - Open CS Lab. All 5th thru 8th graders are welcome to come to CS Lab to create tech.
- March 8 (deadline) - the Society of Women Engineers at UVA invite you to apply to attend the Middle School Exploration held on March 18 from 11am to 4pm. The program is designed to give middle school girls a comprehensive look at engineering through hands-on demonstrations, a design activity, a speaker, lab tours, and lunch with current engineering students. Apply now.
- March 16 (deadline) - Village School’s 7th Annual Girls Excelling in Math (GEM) Tournament. On April 21, teams of middle school girls will spend the day solving math problems and doing hands-on engineering challenges. Teams must register through their school. More info.
- March 21 (deadline) - Tom Tom Youth Summit 2018 Student Project Applications are open now. This opportunity is for students interested in participating in the Business Pitch Challenge, Social Innovation Challenge, and/or Makerville Project Expo at the Tom Tom Youth Summit on Wednesday April 11th. Apply now.
- March 22 - Smart Women Got It Done: Code Girls at the 2018 Virginia Festival of the Book. Learn about the hidden history of the thousands of American women recruited by the U.S. Army and Navy to serve as codebreakers from author Liza Mundy and WWII crytographer Dorthy Braden Bruce. The panel discussion, free and open to the public, starts at 6:00pm at the Jefferson School African American Heritage Center.
- April 11 - Tom Tom Youth Summit activates and engages high school students to think entrepreneurially. Students, educators, entrepreneurs, and civic leaders from across Virginia assemble for this high-energy, student-planned, student-led experiential program.