Ms. Noble-Jones' Technology Tea
Instructional Strategies to Improve Student Growth
Getting the Most Out of E-Locker
Have you ever wondered, "Am I getting the most out of these laptops?" If your students are primarily using laptops for assessment, then the answer is no. While online assessments are great, that is not the only benefit of a 1:1 learning environment. Remember, one of our 1:1 goals is to transform our students from consumers of information to creators of content. Another goal that can be achieved through Schoology is the creation of student-centered environments that increase student engagement and ownership in learning.
Schoology has many benefits. Schoology allows teachers to:
- create multiple choice, fill in the blank, short answer, true false, essay or matching formative and summative assessments.
- tag standards to questions to analyze student growth and achievement.
- upload any documents, presentations, media files, videos or link they want students to access.
- facilitate discussion topics for students.
- add pages such as chapter or unit summaries for students to view.
- track student attendance and grades.
- assign and collect digital assignments.
- add all due dates to a classroom calendar.
- share resources by content and grade level.
If you are looking to get more out of Schoology, then my next training session is for you! Please sign up below to learn how you can become a Schoology pro!
Ms. Noble-Jones' Professional Learning Day at "The Middle"
Wednesday, Feb. 17th, 8:30am-4pm
1700 Cordell Avenue
Getting the Most Out of Schoology
I'm available to meet with teachers during planning for a brief 20 minute training session.
Please click on the link to the google form below to sign up for Phase II of your Schoology training. Be sure to tell me what time and where to show up (that's right, I'll come to you). This will be an interactive training so please bring your laptop. Also, please share any success you've had with Schoology. I'm hoping to learn a thing or two from you :-)