August 31, 2022
Our Parent Teacher Organization...S.A.P.T.O, is planning out this year's events for students and families. After two years of lost opportunities to get involved, I am happy to announce that our school is once again offering our students and families all the events we did prior to the pandemic. Our school has two major fundraising events each year; our 5K Walk A Thon and our Casino Night. Our 5K Walk is set to take place on Friday, Oct. 21. Our Casino Night is set to take place on April 22. Both events are loads of fun. Information about our 5K Walk will be coming out in next week's Newsletter. There are many opportunities for parents to help with this event. Our Casino Night also has many opportunities for interested parents to help out with that event. Additional events and activities are being planned. Look out for their announcements.
9/2 K-8 Faith Formation Day (Student Holiday)
9/5 Labor Day Holiday
9/6-16 STAR Assessment
9/7 Back-to-School Night (Grades 6-8) 7:00 begin in upper cafeteria
9/8 Back-to-School Night (Grades K-5) 7:00 begin in church
9/13 Opening Liturgy 11:15
9/16 "Welcome Back Happy Hour" 5:30 Moriarty Hall (Parents Only)
9/21 PICTURE DAY Preschool - 8th)
9/26 First SAPTO Meeting (dinner 6:45)
HONOR ROLL CHANGES
Starting on Aug. 23, 2022, our school has made some policy changes to our school's Honor Roll policy. Please note that our 22-23 Parent Handbook has our OLD policy. The new policy for Honor Roll is:
- Students in grades 5-8 are eligible for Honor Roll
- Starting in the 2022-2023 school year there will be two (2) categories of Honor Roll
- The first category is called Honors. Students in grades 5-8 who earn a 3.7 - 3.99 GPA will be recognized for "Honors."
- The second category is "Principal's Honors." Students in grades 5-8 who earn a 4.0 GPA in a quarter will be recognized for "Principal Honors."
- The remaining criteria for earning or not earning Honors or Principal Honors remains UNCHANGED as noted in the 2022-2023 Parent Handbook.
ST. ANNE SCHOOL'S LANDSCAPE PROJECT - I NEED YOUR HELP!!!
As most of you have noted, we have not started our Landscaping Project around the perimeter of our school yard. The reason for the delay is that the architect has not been able to find a landscape contractor to hire for the job. All contractors seem to be too busy.
I am now reaching out to any of our school families who might know of or have contact with a landscape contractor who is interested in bidding for this sizable job!!! If you know of any company, please have them contact me and I can share the plans with them. I would like to have this project started as soon as possible, so the sooner I can speak with interested companies, the sooner we can get this project started! Have them email me at White@stanne.com
If you have not seen the plans for our school's landscape project, you can stop by the school's front office and look over the scope of the project. Thanks for your help!
- Please notify the school office when your child will be absent (415) 664-7977.
- Please submit a PHYSICIAN STATEMENT if we need to administer medication to your child (form attached). NOTE: One form per medication.
IMPORTANT FORMS/RECORDS DUE ASAP
- Entry School Health Form and Immunization Record (new students)
- TDAP Immunization Record (7th graders)
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the forms, please contact Mrs. Perez at
(415) 664-7977 or send her an email to: email@example.com.
SAPTO IS HOSTING A "WELCOME BACK HAPPY HOUR "
AFTER SCHOOL ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS
- ANTS SPORTS
- KidzArtz--Please note this program starts this Friday, Aug. 26.
- Music Matters (Percussion & Wind Ensemble)
- Academic Chess
For more information, please download the attached registration form.