"Super" Spruce Scoop
Volume 1 Edition 10
November 17, 2014
Give Me One More!
"Give me one more!" You have likely heard this statement of motivation from a coach if you played on athletic teams, etc. At the end of a long practice or tough game, coaches make this plea to a group of hard-working individuals so they will finish strong and bring home victory.
I am going to ask you to "Give me one more!" as we approach one more full week of school prior to our abbreviated week and much deserved break. We have much going on this week between assistant principals' meeting, a district principals' meeting and our feeder pattern principals' meeting. However, each meeting will allow all leaders to walk away with some new learning or ideas to further the work on the campus. So, stay strong, coach up and "Give me on more, please!"
Spruce Feeder Pattern Principals' Meeting
Friday, Nov. 21st, 8:30am-12:30pm
620 N St Augustine Dr
We will convene in learning at William Anderson Elementary to engage in mathematics professional development, conduct calibrated spot observations, and brainstorm plans to prepare as we approach ACP's.
Also, please ask your math instructional coach to join us from 9:45 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. They will participate in the math professional development led by the math Academic Facilitators.
Events for the Week
- TEI Expert Meeting - 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at Seagoville North Elementary School. This is required for the TEI experts on your campus. They received an e-mail from the TEI team
- Report Cards issued
- Spruce Feeder Pattern Elementary Assistant Principals' P. D. - 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Martha Turner Reilly Elementary School
- Open Mike - 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at Seagoville High School - Spruce F. P. principals are asked to attend.
- District Principals' Meeting - 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Hulcy Middle School
- Spruce Feeder Pattern Secondary Assistant Principals' P. D. - 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Robert T. Hill Middle School
- Spruce Feeder Pattern Principals' Meeting - 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at William Anderson Elementary School
Teacher Excellence Initiative
With so much going on this time of year, it is difficult to keep up with the demands placed on you. So, I want to provide a few reminders and considerations as we approach the month of December.
The deadline for completion of the Extended Observation, Summative Conference and four Spot Observations is to be completed by December 7 rather than December 1. This provides a little more time given the fact we will return from Thanksgiving Break on December 1. Please remind your administrative team. The expectation is that all are complete and meet the deadline as applicable.
Also, I recently shared my appreciation for administrative teams that are on-track for completion of Spot Observations and my concern with teams behind in the completion of Spot Observations as well as the inputting of them into Schoolnet. As we move forward, I will be monitoring this closely for strong adherence to staying on-track. Please work with your administrative team to make this a priority.
Finally, I am going to ask that all Spot Observations conducted to this point in the school year be finalized in Schoolnet by November 19. I will run a report to get a sense of progress for each campus.
Kudos on the Court!
- Marco - Good progress on implementation of Guided Reading and moving the progress of his 3-5 team.
- Irene - Spruce's Decathalon team took 1st place among 4a schools this past weekend. Ms. Mega Malone is the team coach. Also, the Spruce football team made the playoffs for the first time since 2007.