A Newsletter for Central Elementary School Staff
For the Week of September 14 through 20, 2014
- Happy Birthday to Gina Atkins (September 15th) and Krista Turner (September 28th)!
- Open Checkout in the library is from 8:50-10:25 on Day 3. During this time, teachers may send up to two students at a time to the library to turn in or check out a book.
Acuity Testing - Starting Monday, September 22, 2014, the Room 3 Computer Lab will be closed for all classes and it will be used for Acuity testing. It will open again for all classes on Monday, October 6, 2014.
Teachers - 1) If you are attempting to use SuccessNet this year, please make sure that you read John Crum’s email from August 4th. SuccessNet is now integrated with PowerSchool, and will ONLY work if you access SuccessNet through your PowerSchool login. You cannot use your old SuccessNet login. Details on accessing SuccessNet through PowerSchool are included in John’s email. SuccessNet does not work with the Chrome browser.
The copier in the office is having a new finisher delivered on Monday, September 15th. Once installed, this copier will be able to make booklets. :)
Substitute Coverage - Teachers, if you know that you are going to be absent up to a month in advance, please go ahead and contract Nicole Crum to arrange for a substitute. PCSC is short subs this year, and the advance notice is huge help in finding and schedule a substitute.
School Funding - Twice each year, the state requires official enrollment informaiton to determine how much funding a school district receives for half of the year. For this year, these dates are on September 12, 2014 (Determines funding for 7/1/14 – 12/31/14) and February 2, 2015 (Determines funding for 1/1/15 – 6/30/15)
Office Conference Room - If you are meeting with parents and are using the Office Conference Room, you may want to turn on the video recorder. To do this, find the key box to the right of the conference room door (From inside the room). Turn the key counterclockwise. If the red light is on, it is recording. To turn the red light off, turn the key the same way.
All meetings, events, trainings, assessment windows, the related arts day, and field trips are now on the Central Elementary website calendar.
- Go to the Central Elementary homepage at www.plainfield.k12.in.us/cn.
- You will need to sign in at the top of the webpage using the same username and password that you do to log in on your computer.
- Then, you can click on the "View Calendar" option at the bottom left of the screen. This will allow you to see upcoming events.
Office Conference Room
1. September 15, 2014 from 4:00-5:00 pm (Amanda Pinkerton)
2. September 16, 2014 from 3:45-4:45 pm (Amanda Pinkerton)
3. September 17, 2014 from 3:45-4:45 pm (Amanda Pinkerton)
Things to Do
- ____September Value Student of the Month - Nomination forms are due to me by Saturday, September 20, 2014. Click HERE to access the nomination form.
- ____October field trip requests are due to me by Monday, September 15, 2014. Click HERE to access a field trip form.
- ____Make sure to log in to the Central Elementary website at www.plainfield.k12.in.us/cn to check out the calendar of activities for the upcoming weeks.