Raymore Update 10/13/2015
Where We Celebrate All Especially the Small!
Quote of the Week
Celebrating great teamwork in art - Students knew how to Synergize to create a community together. What a great TEAM! Together Everyone Achieves More! :)
A big thank you from Mrs. Warren to Mrs. Trutzel for helping out.
4th Grade Helpers
New 4th Grade Helpers in Training
Comments in Teacher Ease
It is a district expectation that comments should be made each quarter. You can make these comments whenever you are ready to take your "snapshot" on or before Oct. 19. The quarter ends Oct. 15. One strategy some people use is to draft then now in Google docs and just cut/paste during the 4 day time frame.
Parking on Thursday
Positive Office Referral
Reminder from Mrs. Beck
10/16/15 1st grade Field Trip
10/16/15 Food Service and Lunch Room Staff Appreciation Day
10/23/15 Fall Parties
10/28/15 Be Proactive Assembly
10/28/15 Early Release Day
10/28-29/15 Parent Teacher Conferences
To Do List : Recheck your smore often for updates
- Get ready for Parent Teacher Conferences.
- Turned in your grade level field trip form.
- Crisis Bags on hooks by your door.
- Have you signed up for the Restaurant Nights?
- Enter students into and out of Protabula. We really need this data.
- Please have class meetings about hallway, bathroom, arrival, and dismissal.
Parent Teacher Conference Information
- Reminders: SpEd (and many RTI students) require a "double-length conference" co-planned/scheduled.
- AMP will let you know the kids they plan to confer with and need to schedule theirs back-to-back with your conference time.
- TLC will let you know who they will confer with and need to schedule back-to-back OR join yours.
- Goal binders/folders should be used to guide conference discussions about LT progress. ALL comments need to be entered into the report card even for Q1. We will not print hard copies report cards for parents or conferences (Same as last year). Use your devices as possible during the conference.
Seth has created the spread sheet you will schedule your confirmed times on. Jenni, Melissa, and Jennika can attend conferences as well. Please let us know. We also have tabs on the spreadsheet for scheduling.
Apps and Websites
As you are aware, our district is working through a complicated topic regarding the usage of certain student apps and websites. Several of the websites and apps that are out there are quality educational tools but may come with increased privacy concerns for our students. Therefore, we now need to determine how to best navigate through this. Seth has done a great job with communicating to grade level teams about this topic. If you have not already done so, please complete the form Seth sent you asking you to list any apps and/or websites you are currently using with students. The following is more information regarding this topic:
- Please do not create any new accounts for our students on any site that requires individual student log-in using their Google email or other personally identifiable information.
- If you find you are using a site that does require a student to be over the age of 13 and have parent permission, determine if the site has general features that would be useful without the log-in needed and without providing the site any personally identifiable information. Many sites have open access uses which can be very beneficial that do not require sharing any information.
- There is a possibility that we will need to discontinue the use of the log-in sites with the age restriction. Exploring non-log-in options would be beneficial.
- This does not include district contracted sites such as MobyMax, SRI, Aimsweb, etc.
Hats Off Revised
Please turn your "Hats Off" paper to me and I will put them on the board. That way I can showcase them in the smore and you don't have to worry about it.
Remember that if you were awarded a hat you will need to pass it on at the next faculty meeting.
Condolences to Mrs. Sorrick on the loss of her uncle.
* Boys are meeting their goals.
* 11 boys are participating. Final Run is November 13.
* CAN food drive had 100's of food items donated.
Hallway Expectations and Dismissal Expectations
Please talk about these areas during your morning meetings!
- Hallways are becoming a tricky spot during arrival and dismissal. Please remind your students that they are to walk on the blue tile, single file, with a smile.
- Please remind car riders that they are to walk to the library on the blue tile. When entering the library their voices should be off or at a whisper so their names can be heard. They need to sit where the adults can see their eyes, not behind the tables. As the crowd clears they need to move forward toward the carpet area however they may still sit in the chairs.
Just In Case...
- Remember to make those positive phone calls before conferences.
- Remember to ask specific triage questions to help your student learn their missing skill(s).
- Please check equipment(slides, swings, monkey bars) to see if it is wet before letting students play on it. We don't want our students to slip off or get too wet.
- Please be vigilant while monitoring recess. Be aware of any cars or people outside of our fences.
Panther Cub Academy
DID YOU KNOW? PCA OFFERS TUITION DISCOUNTS TO RAY-PEC EMPLOYEES, EC/ECSE FAMILIES AND NOW OFFERING A MULTIPLE CHILD DISCOUNT?
Starting the day off working hard.
Collecting and organizing food for the CAN program.
The safe place helps children learn and think in a quiet place.
Family Support Document and Family Celebrations
Please make sure to read through these documents.
Family Support Documenthttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1VP73Tmbvm5HEmNuoXenwE7qLCJJMQ1N1rH-3PDdy6w4/edit
CONSCIOUS DISCIPLINE: THE SKILL OF COMPOSURE Composure is the willingness to change our internal state from upset to calm.
Composure is self-control in action.
It is a prerequisite skill adults need before disciplining children.
It requires us to be the person that we want others to become.
Composure comes from the power of perception which states: “No one can make me angry without my permission.”Whomever or whatever we put in charge of our feelings, we have placed in charge of ourselves. Dr. Becky Bailey
Forward emails regarding dismissal changes to both Karla and Renee.
- Please remember to be at specials door :35 after to deliver & :30 to pick up.
- Fridays --jeans with Ray-Pec spirit wear.
- Classroom doors should be locked at all times and the magnet should be used to allow flow in and out of classrooms. However, we are aware there are some doors that are tricky to get to stay shut when using magnets. We do have a couple of other options we can try to help solve this problem. If you need help with this situation, please see Melissa asap and we will problem solve.
Remember to add your lesson plans to the Google RE Shared Folder each Monday by 8:25 a.m.
- It is our district and building expectation that all staff reply to communication (email and phone calls) with within a 24 hour time frame.
- If you have any pictures of great things going on in your classroom or family, please send them to Melissa. I would love to share with others in our Weekly Staff Update.
- Call or text Jennika & Melissa if you're going to be unexpectedly absent (after 4 pm day before). 816-550-4434 and 816-868-9856
- Call or text Jennika or Melissa if you will be in the building on the weekend! The lounge/workroom will be open for access to copiers.
- Remember to check the RE Shared Calendar for events! We are still adding, and things change.
Looking for previous copies of our Weekly Staff Updates? If so, these can be found on our Raymore Tigers Weebly site under "For Staff" & then click on "Raymore Update".
PLC: OUR MISSION, VISION, VALUES
As a professional learning community, we commit to three big ideas:
- Focus on Learning
- Build a Collaborative Culture
- Focus on Results
We answer four questions:
- What do we expect our students to learn? (Goals/Expectations)
- How will we know they are learning? (Assessment)
- How will we respond when they don’t learn? (DI Intervention)
- How will we respond if they already know it? (DI Extension)
To fulfill our mission & vision:
- M: Preparing each student for a successful and meaningful life
- V: Turning today's learners into tomorrow's leaders
With these commitments:
- We are committed to consistency & accountability for each student's success.
- We are committed to a system of support for students and adults.
- We are committed to a safe, trusting and collaborative environment.
- We are committed to best practices.
- We are committed to high expectations for learning, behavior and citizenship.
- We are committed to quality communication & positive relationships with all stakeholders
- We are committed to effective communication regarding student progress.
- We are committed to data-driven decision making.
- We are committed to use of appropriate channels for communication.
- We are committed to a guaranteed (consistent) and viable (doable) curriculum.
- We are committed to maintaining fiscal responsibility while improving student achievement