Update from Vista Oaks
A great place for your child to grow...
Update for January 16, 2015
The Fall Report Cards are on their way!
Important Upcoming Dates
No School on Monday, January 19
- There is no school on Monday, January 19 in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday.
K - 8 Enrichment Begins Again the Week of January 26
- We are looking forward to a wonderful spring semester on our Enrichment Days.
California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE) for 10th Grade Students
- Tuesday, February 3: English/Language Arts Section - Check-in begins at 8:45.
- Wednesday, February 4: Math Section - Check-in begins at 8:45.
- This is a mandatory state test for all 10th grade students.
More Upcoming School Holidays
- Monday, February 9 and Monday, February 16 there will be no school in observance of President's Days.
10th Graders - CAHSEE is Coming!
ARE YOU READY??
February 3rd and 4th 2015, students in 10th grade will participate in taking the California High School Exit Exam. Otherwise known as the CAHSEE! Practice exams are included in the free online resource links from the California Department of Education. Use the links below to access these resources.
Update: New Onsite Class on Wednesdays - "Adult 101"
Who? - Open to all 11th and 12th grade students
What? - Come and get a peak into things that are ahead in life and gain the tools and understanding that will help you succeed.
- Credit ratings
- Job searching
- Roommate selection
- Credit cards
- Time management
What else? - Students taking, completing, and passing this course will be eligible for "elective" credit on their high school transcript.
How? - Email or talk to Lillian Quinata to get more information, ask questions, or sign up. Lillian's email is email@example.com.
Update: Photography Class Begins for Grades 8 - 12
- What? - The photography class from the fall semester continues, and is happy to welcome new students!
- Who can enroll? - Students in grades 8 - 12 are invited to participate in this 12 week course.
- When? - Every Wednesday from 9:00 - 10:20, beginning February 4.
- What does the student need? - Participating students need a digital camera and a willingness to learn.
- How much does the class cost? The class costs $15/class and be charged to your student's academic budget.
- How do you enroll your student? - Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Update: Yearbook Club Begins in February
Who? - Open to all high school students, with 8th graders welcome if there is room.
What? - Enjoy making new friends and seeing old ones while working as a team to create Vista Oaks very first yearbook.When? - The class meets on Wednesday afternoons from 1:40 - 3:00, beginning February 4.
How? - Email or talk to Charmaine Abasolo to get more information, ask questions, or sign up. Charmaine's email address is email@example.com
Update: Onsite High School Classes
Our high school students are back on campus and enjoying learning! We want to highlight an important attendance policy for our high school's onsite classes.
Because onsite classes only meet once per week, attendance is crucial. While onsite classes are not a requirement, they do provide a unique opportunity to enhance your education. A commitment to attend regularly is expected. If a student misses more than three classes in a given semester, the student will be automatically withdrawn from the onsite course.
We know how important it is for each student to be in class, committed, and ready to participate so that they can fully benefit from this wonderful educational opportunity. Please contact the Associate Director, Alton Seyford (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Executive Director, Joy Groen (email@example.com) if you have any questions.