CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Principal's Notes and Highlights
A Great Time to Be a Husky!
This morning we shared the playground design with students. As you can imagine, they were very excited! I am including the video in this week's newsletter and am confident you will feel the same way.
Michelle and I moved here five years ago. When I talk with visitors or friends from back home about what makes Columbus so unique, I always focus on three points.
- The dedication to architecture and the arts.
- How well the private-public-social sectors work together to achieve great things. The status quo is not an option (right up my alley)!
- The community understands the importance of education. I know...I sound like a homer on this one, but I can tell you this is not always the case in other communities.
I'm sharing this with you because I believe The Linden Project exemplifies all three. We (you, me, your children, teachers, staff, BCSC administration, the community and donors) are a part of something that will be a lasting legacy for our school and community. This is not your typical playground. It's based off the original design. It's above and beyond. It's an outdoor learning environment. It is what we are all about at CSA Lincoln. As I said, it's a great time to be a Husky. I'm so thankful to be part of this journey with you!
Have a great weekend!
CSA Lincoln Playground Final Design! Coming Summer 2018!
Updates and Reminders
- Now that things have started to settle down, I have been able to spend more time working with students in class. While I visit each classroom daily, I also spend about one hour per week in each class working with a small group or however the teacher needs me. It is a great way for me to get to know your children better. Teachers also like having an extra set of hands in the classroom. Your children are amazing!
- How can you get involved with The Linden Project? Stay tuned in the upcoming weeks to learn how. The Reeves Foundation and the Heritage Fund have been HUGE donors for the project, but we still need to raise some money to get the last few pieces together. I'll be sharing information soon on all the ways you can help. The Linden Project website and Facebook page will be updated with the new design soon.
- School Pictures are Tuesday, August 22nd.
- Please return your Photo Release/Emergency Forms (pink) to the office if you have not already done so. These were in the first day packet.
- All students need to have the 1:1 AUP chromebook form turned in to use the chromebooks. Starting this week we will send home a reminder copy of the form to those who have not turned it in. Students who still don't have one turned in will not be able to use their chromebook until they do.
- Kinsa App- Our school nurse, Mrs. Helwig, is monitoring the Kinsa app. We've seen some sickness. If your child has a fever, please keep them home.
- Next week students and teachers from Miyoshi, Japan will be visiting our school. I was selected as the Miyoshi Ambassador for BCSC this year and will be traveling to Japan in October. I'm excited about this opportunity!
- We practiced our Armed Intruder Drill on Thursday. Teachers talked to students about the drill and then we walked to the Bartholomew County Public Library. The BCPL is our rally point. While we take precautions to ensure everyone's safety and we hope to never need to use this plan, it is something we practice and take seriously. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Solar Eclipse Party Updates
Monday is the big day! The current weather prediction looks promising for viewing the eclipse. We have right at 30 volunteers signed up to help that afternoon and are looking forward to a great event.
- Each teacher has been provided multiple videos and resources that they will go over with students prior to going out to view the eclipse.
- We have added rubber band straps to all viewers (see video).
- We will do inside recess on Monday.
- We will be doing inside dismissal (rain dismissal) in the afternoon. For those that are new, this just means we will be walking students out to the car line in waves.
- Solar theme day- Please feel free to dress your student in solar themed clothing on Monday! Our staff will be participating as well.
- Any student who does not have a completed permission slip will be required to stay inside during the party.
- Solar Eclipse Visual-If you type in our zip code on this website you find an interactive map of what the eclipse will look like for our area. The eclipse will peak at 2:26:04 pm EDT, when the moon obscures 93.2% of the sun.
We sincerely appreciate BCSC's commitment to ensuring our school is ready for it's 50th birthday party!
Husky Gram Winners
Welcome and Thank You!Welcome back to all of our Husky Families! Thank you to all those who helped to make our PTO Meet and Greet a success last night! For those of you who expressed an interest in PTO, but were unable to get to the meeting here is the link for our welcome information.
For those of you not on the PTO email list who would like to be, please send a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you added.
PTO and The Linden Project
The majority of all fundraising profits for this school year will go toward The Linden Project. You can get updates and follow the project on Facebook and Instagram @thelindenproject . We need lots of community support as we enter this final fundraising push before we break ground in 2018 so you can help by liking and sharing with family and friends to get the word out about our events and our progress in the upcoming months! Our first big event is a special insider's look of the school on September 16-17 to celebrate our building's 50th anniversary!
Save the Date- September 21st- CSA Lincoln 50th Anniversary Celebration
CSA Lincoln on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter
Facebook: CSA Lincoln Community
Please share The Linden Project #celebratecolumbus video on Facebook!
WHAT IF WE NEEDED YOU TO KNOW...
WHAT IF there was an EMERGENCY? WHAT IF we needed to GET INFORMATION TO YOU? This is a QUICK and EASY way to communicate needed information TO YOU!
Click here to join the CSA Lincoln group.
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!