Lakeview Family Newsletter - March 8
Prefer to read this in a different language? Scroll to the bottom and click "translate".
School Safety - important info
Why does attendance matter?
Please click the links below to find the teacher newsletter for your student(s):
Specialists - all grades (will rotate grades each week)
Wednesday, March 13
All-school Admiral's game - see below
Thursday, March 14
PTO Meeting 6-7 p.m. in the Lakeview library
Tuesday, March 19
Lakeview concert - see below
Thursday, March 21
Rollaero Family Skate Night 5-7 p.m.
Admiral's Game Field Trip
• Please wear your free, blue Admiral's shirts received in September.
• Every student should bring a cold lunch in a paper lunch bag. We eat during the game.
• 4K has a regular day of school and does not attend the hockey game.
• Students need to be on time to school. Once the buses leave, nobody will be at school except our 4K teachers and students. Even our secretaries go to the hockey game with us.
• We are back before the end of the day and dismissal will be at 3:35 as normal.
• March 13 counts as a day of school and students that do not attend will be marked absent for the day.
Lakeview Music Concert
School starts at 8:30 a.m. Here is an update on the tardy data from the last newsletter:
From February 13 to February 20 (6 school days)
• 81 individual students that were tardy at least once,
• Those 81 students had a total of 133 tardies,
• That equates to 26% of our students tardy in that time period,
• 11% of our students were tardy more than once in that time period.
From February 26 to March 7 (6 school days)
• 65 individual students tardy at least once,
• Those 65 students had a total of 111 tardies,
• That equates to 22% of our student tardy in that time period,
• 12% of our students were tardy more than once in that time period.
To summarize: We have seen a decrease in the number of students tardy and fewer tardies overall, but we have a small core of students who continue to be tardy multiple days per week. We are working on contacting those families to ensure students are on time every day.
Math Homework Help Session
March Technology Tips
Balancing Technology & Life - Screen Time Tech Tips from a Tech Camp CEO
It’s a struggle that plays out daily in homes around the world. We are all pulled between our family time and using technology. Sometimes it feels like the technology we use in our homes, keep in our pockets and even check out from our schools continually interrupt our relationships and freetime. At times, technology use can feel like a fast moving train and we have no choice but to hop on and hang on for the ride. Families do however have the power and ability to apply the brakes and steer the technology train in new and positive directions. In this article, Balancing Technology & Life - Screen Time Tech Tips from a Tech Camp CEO, technology professional Pete Ingram-Cauchi shares his tips and tricks to preserving family time by limiting screen time and providing family examples of how technology can be balanced and leveraged in positive ways.
Shoe Fundraiser for Lakeview
Starting Tuesday, February 26, you can send donations of new or gently used shoes, boots, and sandals to school. Lakeview PTO gets 40 cents/pound and the shoes are recycled to help others. If you have a bunch of old kid's shoes, you can send the entire box to us! This fundraiser will end on April 16, so if you need some time to clean out those old shoes and send them to Lakeview, you've got it. The only things you cannot send are roller skates or ice skates. Please click this link for more info about the fundraiser.