all the going ons from the #1 class on the 2nd floor
This Week In Learning!
- Reading- This week we will continue working with non-fiction text features. We will be looking at what we can learn from the text using the various features we have been studying.
- Writing- This week we will shift focus from Personal Narratives to Fiction Narratives. We will be focusing on the same 6 Traits of Strong Writers, as well as thinking about Characters, Settings, and Problem/Solution.
- Math- We begin learning how to Tell Time to the nearest 5 minutes. We'll also work on telling time by using terms: Quarter Til, Quarter After, and Half Past.
- FUNdations- This week we finish up Unit 4. We will continue adding suffixes: -s, -es, -ed, -ing, -er, -est to closed and closed syllable exceptions. New trick words: Sure, Use, Used.
- Science- This week will focus on the water cycle and weather tools. We will also begin some experiments working to making hypothesis to drawing conclusions based on our observations.
- Social Studies- This quarter we will be learning about hoe to read and interrupt maps. Understanding features like keys, grids, compass rose, and symbols.
Some Awsome Learners Learning
learning about evaporation and the water cycle!
Thanks for being so great! Please feel free to contact with any questions or comments!