DMS Week 5 Community Newsletter
September 8, 2023
Members Needed For School Site Council
WANT TO HELP MAKE IMPORTANT DECISIONS AND SUPPORT DAY MIDDLE SCHOOL?
- DMS has open Parents/Community, student and staff member positions on School Site Council (SSC) for the 2023-2024 school year.
- The SSC meets four times per year to review site data, trends, strengths, student needs and work to determine what areas the site should focus funds and supports on.
- Meetings are typically 45 minutes to an hour, hybrid formal, and begin at 2:45PM.
- SSC is a collaborative team and each elected member can serve for a term of up to two years.
- If you are interested or know someone who would be a great candidate (and is a DMS parent or community member who lives in our boundaries, DMS student, or DMS staff member), submit their name in the survey below.
- Once all names have been collected and we have verified the nominee is willing to run, we will hold an election for our parents and community to vote in their representatives.
- Nominations begin on Friday, September 8th, and will close next Friday, September 15th.
If you have further questions about these positions, please call the DMS office to get in touch with a staff member.