Benefits of Swimming
Swimming Physical Health Benefits
- Provides an all-over body workout, as nearly all of your muscles are used during swimming.
- Swimming tones muscles and builds strength.
- Helps maintain a healthy weight, healthy heart and lungs.
- Builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness.
Mental / Emotional Health
Swimming Mental / Emotional health benefits
- Relaxing and peaceful exercise
- Alleviates stress
- Swimming elicits a natural, positive response to being in the water
- Studies have shown that people who sim regularly experience less tension, depression, and gain energy after a session in the pool.
Swimming Social Health benefits
- Swimming in a public pool offers an opportunity to meet new friends.
- Spending time at a pool or beach with friends and family increases shared memory and better social health though social interaction and intimacy.
- Just have fun with others in a pool or beach
- Be around people whether friends or family
Intellectual Health Benefits
Swimming Intellectual Health Benefits
- Clears you mind and allows you to relax.
- Think things clearly and deeply without distractions.
- Makes you concentrate and can improve you concentration and focus in class,
- Relieves stress