This means hello in Bahasa Indonesian
By: Kaitlin and Olivia
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT INDONESIA? WELL, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE. picture by Zimmelino
- Indonesia is made out of many islands, in fact it has more than 17,000 islands.
- People in Indonesia speak more than 250 languages, but the most common one is Bahasa Indonesian.
- Indonesia is the largest country in South East Asia.
- The currency in Indonesia is called Rupiah.
- The population of Indonesia is 245,000,000 people.
The current ruler of the government is the president. In history, a man named Hatta. Mohammad, an Indonesian leader that gained his country's independence in 1945.
CAPITAL AND MAJOR CITIES
The capital of Indonesia is Jakarta. The major cities are:
Photo by Eustaquio Santimano
Indonesia is bordered by Malaysia and East Timor. The area of Indonesia is 741,000 square miles, 1.9 million square kilometers. About three times as large as Texas!
Some of the landform of Indonesia are forests, hills, mountains, and little flat of low ground. Many mountains are volcanoes.
MAIN PRODUCTS GROWN IN INDONESIA
Indonesia produces oil, and natural gas. Its mines produce bauxite which is made into aluminum, copper, silver, nickel, and gold.
The official language in Indonesia is Bahasa Indonesian. The citizens are call indonesians. Early humans that lived in indonesia were called Homo erectus, Also known as Java Man. Most Indonesians are muslims, which means that they follow the religion of Islam.
The climate in Indonesia is really hot and humid. The average temperature is about 80 F, which is 27 C. The temperature is lower in higher grounds.